Why do I feel this way about myself?

I honestly don't like-scratch that-hate, abhor, loathe (you get the point) how I look. My family and friends say I look great, and the guy I thought I'd never have a chance with told me I was beautiful (but then he ran off with some other chick even after I got up the nerve to tell him how I felt about him)...but I don't believe a word of it. I feel like a sick ugly monster. I know you aren't supposed to care what others think of you, but what others think bothers the heck out of me. I never get attention from guys, and my best friends are all gorgeous so I always feel insecure about myself when with them. I have never had a boyfriend and have never been kissed. (And no, I am not PMSing. Darrrrnnn, there goes your answer.) I am constantly beating myself up about something and am always looking for something to fix about myself. I feel like I am never good enough. My biggest problem at the moment is that I am a nasty fatty :( I eat on and off, sometimes going w/o food for a week at a time. I know it will harm me in some way or another. But at this point I really don't care. Someone help? :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Look, don't worry about that never been kissed and boyfriend business, that's fine, your not the only person in the world in that situation. Don't beat yourself up about your weight, your not fat and you shouldn't beat yourself up about that kind of thing. I know that's easier said than done but you have to cause your fine. And why is it what people say bothers you, based on what you've said the people around have nothing but good things to say about you. When ever the people around you keep saying you look great then there must be some truth to it. And then you had a guy call you beautiful. That's a great compliment cause beautiful means you must really look great and be a great person. And so what if it didn't work out, that's his lost and that just means its not meant to be. You'll find that guy that makes you feel special and that really cares for you, just give it time. Your still young so you got your whole life ahead of you, don't worry about what hasn't happen because its too early to worry about that kind of thing. And I'm sure your gorgeous just like your friends, you just have to have a little bit more confidence in yourself, smile every once in a while and enjoy life. Those guys aren't going any where, they'll always be there so don't stress about it. Try going out and having fun and enjoy life and don't try not to worry about the kiss and boyfriend stuff, when its time, it'll happen, trust me.

What Guys Said 1

• Hey, at least your funny. A lot of chicks have no sense of humor or they have a VERY annoying one.

What Girls Said 2

• hheyy!

Just be proud that you're different from the others and that you don't have a boyfriend! cause trust me , the longer you wait , the better! I think you should take some courses made to have more self-confidence and of course you have to love yourself the way you are and like at 16, it's normal to be pressured with your physical appearance but I'm telling you , with self confidence and self esteem you will be the bestt :) and just to tell you.. you may think your other friends are more gorgeous or pretty or whatever..you look at the others .. but the others do the same as you.. and they probably are thinking or looking at you going.. omg she is soo gorgeous! cause remember.. it's always the gorgeous or the prettiest one who is self conscious . and look, you have only one life to live, just have fun and don't care about what the others think! :)

• If you want to lose weight, seriously commit to it. But your bigger problem is that you haven't learned to love yourself. That's the most important thing. If you love yourself, everything else will follow. The only person who will always be there for you and who will never let you down is you. So why would you want to beat yourself up? You are still young, 16. Learning to love yourself is a long process and it comes with time. There's nothing wrong with not having been kissed or not having a boyfriend yet. Don't compare yourself to others because it will only put pressure on yourself.

• I know I know...I don't know how to love myself though. I can't find any good in me whatsoever.

• Well, I used to HATE looking at mirrors because I'm so awkward about my appearance and I was never happy with what I saw. I'm also unphotogenic and whenever someone whips out a camera, I run like a mad woman. To get more comfortable with myself, I forced myself to look in the mirror everyday. I placed a dresser mirror on my desk and just stared at my face when I'm on the computer sometimes and I've become so much more comfortable and less awkward.