Why is one acceptable and the other is not?

Why are panties and bras not acceptable?

When a bikini is acceptable?

Why does taking a picture in panties and a bra considered inappropriate?

But when your in a bikini it's fine?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because a bikini is considers acceptable beach wear but lingerie is more intimate, personal, and has a more sexual connotation.

What Guys Said 5

• Only because bikinis are MEANT to be seen. If fashion were logical... why would there ever have been hoop skirts?

• I met a girl on a beach who was wearing her bra and panties. She was all shy and nervous when she came to me asking if what she was wearing was alright and or course I said yes.

-Wearing those outfits in a photo are ok on a scene where those are usually seen, like on a beach. But in your home and like on this site on an icon is a no no in my book.

• I don't think it matters what you're really wearing in a photo, as long as you don't act all slutty in it. A neighbor of mine must have went to some island for a vacation or something and he had a picture of 2 native women, they seemed to be Hawiian I guess and were topless.

• I've been asking this question for years!!
    No freaking idea.

• I'm not sure how you determined that this standard exists. Every store that sells women's clothing displays photographs of women wearing bras and panties, some of them blown up to enormous size, right out where your kids can't help but see.

• It may be because most underwear becomes see through when wet.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah... I think it's total bullshit too! For example by P. E., if the door is left standing open for some reason, all the girls start to scream "Oh no... I'm in my underwear!!! Close the door!!" but when they're in their bikini it's all "look hoe cute I am!" It's weird...

• To be honest with you, it's puzzled me for years.
    I tried to justify it by saying bikinis have more fabric but then is be lying. There really isn't a reason. Society made it this way. And we conformed to it.