I hate underwear lines in leggings! I want a thong!?

I am scared as hell to ask my mom. Its awkward! It would honestly be easier to buy one secretly. What should I do? I dont want a thong to be sexy, I want to hide panty lines while wearing leggings. Should i just ask my mom?

If you think I should ask her should I do it by complaining about panty lines while wearing leggings?

Should I write down a list of pros and cons and present it to her?

Or should I just skip all the honesty and buy it and hide it like I am a little kid who took the last donut? If you think so, leave me tips on how to do it besides going to the mall alone like wikipedia says.

Thanks for reading.

• Nonchalantly ask my mom
  • Make a list of pros and cons
  • Buy it and hide it

Most Helpful Girl

• Next time you're out shopping with her, grab some to buy like it's no big deal because it isn't. I bought thongs with my mom when I was like 11. She always found them more comfortable than regular underwear and now I do too.

• MHO!!!

Exactly, she's right. Her mom had no shame in getting thongs, they're just regular undies made for special purposes. There's certain brief undies designed to slim your belly like a girdle, or hug your hips, thongs simply hide your panty lines with tight clothing. They just became a popular thing in sex culture when strippers would wear them as wallets because the string tucks the bills tight. But that's played out & basically plain ol' panties.

• Thanks KBob93

What Guys Said 8

• Panty lines do look gross, you're right. The best underwear doesn't let others know that you're wearing it. Your mom aught to understand that you can't look slutty for wearing something no one will see.

• You're absolutely right! Panty lines are awful!
    For the girls who do that... Why? You have such a beautiful ass! Why making it look so awful?
    If you're mother is too strict because you're still 17, buy one and hide it. If you believe she will be cool about it say it to her and give her your reasons.

• LOL list of pros and cons will be a bit awkward. Just go buy it yourself and hide it. But if you do that, you have to find a way of washing it

• Just tell her you want to get one so the lines don't show haha.

• I vote D. Liberate yourself from panties.

• Just go for it. Tell her everyone is wearing them to prevent panty lines and you wanna too. ^^

• A tomboy, wants a thong?

• Just don't wear panties

What Girls Said 5

• Its not a big deal at all. If you want to ask, ask. If not just buy it anyway.

• there isn't anything wrong with asking your mom but you dont have to. just buy them yourself. dont you do your own laundry? if not, she'll see them and you can say theyre just for when you wear leggings

• I was nervous to ask my mom too. So I didn't. We went to the store together and I just threw one in the carriage nonchalantly and she never said anything about it. Now I own 3

• Ask your mom! :)
    I bought my first thong Freshman year of high school, the night of my first homecoming. I didn't want my dress to show my panty lines and my mom was nervous when I asked, but after walking around the store once, she finally said yes!

• Honestly next time you're out shopping with your mam and you're in the section were all the thongs are just grab a pair that you like and be like 'do you want to buy me these?' And if she says no explain to her why you want them and if she says yeah well happy days I guess