Ladies, can a guy's lack of fashion sense make him somehow attractive?

In college, I remember a girl talking once about her parents and how they met. Or rather, how he caught her eye.

At that time, my college was two separate campuses in the same town, a men's and a women's. She was already on the bus when he got on. I don't remember exactly what my friend said her dad was wearing, but basically, it was something that no man should EVER be caught wearing in public. Or dead.

Somehow though, that, according to my friend, made her mother think "I'm marrying him." And eventually, she did.

So ladies, can a guy's underdeveloped, if not total lack of fashion sense make him attractive to you? How?

Most Helpful Girl

• If the guy is wearing something absolutely ridiculous, then someone might find it funny and cute in an endearing way, like "poor dude has no idea how ridiculous he looks"

But most of the time a "lack of fashion sense" is not hot or attractive or cute. Again, it depends specifically on what you're wearing, but I think most women are more attracted to guys who know how to dress themselves and know how to look good.

What Girls Said 6

• option 1: your friends' mum has been trolling him with this funny story for god knows how many years.. i'd be rotfling by now, reading this, if i was her.

option 2: you friend's mum husband-picking criteria are well damn weird.

just so that you know, people are not all the same.

• Its not attractive to me because it seems that they don't care enough about their own image to actually take the time to dress up.

• Nope. Actually its a turn off when he dresses crappy and has no fashion sense at all.

• No way in hell.

• Perhaps I'm shallow but wearing really hideous clothes repulses me..

• It's not attractive in the sense that I'm going to date someone just because they're a bad dresser

What Guys Said 2

• Well buddy that depends. If you're in high school than fashion sense is pretty much required to get girls. In later life it doesn't matter as much.