Do you wear make-up on a daily basis?

And what is your routine if you do? I wear it pretty much anytime I go out but the light/"natural" way:

liquid foundation

eyeliner

some light shadow

mascara

sometimes lips (usually light lipstick but on most days it's chapstick)

• Yes
  • No
So the vote seems to be half and half with no make-up slightly leading the way (but one guy voted for no, haha). I thought I wore "light" make-up because I have seen many girls wear very heavy make up but I guess I would be in the moderate category.
I don't know if it makes me superficial or perhaps weak (to succumb to make-up) but deep-down I just love make-up, like how some women love shoes. Make-up gives me that something "extra" even though I look alright without it. And I do agree that when
applied properly, it is enhancement rather than deception.
Thanks for voting, everyone! It seems to be split down the middle. My final words are that you should all continue doing whatever makes you feel good. If you don't like make-up, great! And if you use it, don't be ashamed or defensive.
Not all of us were born with perfect skin and some of us do need make up to cover the scars. And for some, make-up is an art form (Kevyn Aucoin, Bobbi Brown--> absolute geniuses at what they do). The most important thing is to feel good about yourself!

Most Helpful Girl

• yep every time I go out especially since my face is pretty blotchy from some acne or acne scars and undereye circles.

I typically wear:

mineral foundation

cream foundation to cover some spots

eyeshadow

lip gloss

sometimes powder

blush

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 36

• i wear nada because I hate having to think about checking it and fixing it, and it's a pain in the ass to carry bag full of makeup around.

• It's cool that you don't wear any, but I have never had to check my make-up when I'm out, and I don't carry a single piece of make-up with me, anywhere. it's all kept in my bathroom by my sink.

• I wear makeup usually every day even when I don't go out. But I keep it looking natural:

concealer (only underneath the eyes and on pimples if I have any)

foundation (only on top of the concealer underneath of eyes)

eyeliner (only on the top & I tend to due to cat eyes)

mascara (only on the top lash)

powder (to cover up the oily parts of my face)

as for my lips I prefer chapstick (Soft Lips Brand) or lip gloss

• everyday - powder & blush

almost everyday - curled lashes & mascara

once in a great while - eye shadow & liner (I kinda suck at applying eye make-up though... so I rarely attempt it)

• I don't wear it on the days I'm not going out, but when I do wear it, I wear tinted moisturizer, a little blush, eyeliner, mascara, and chapstick.

• For me and only when I leave the house. I use cover up, mascara, light color eye shadow for during the day. And that's it :D Quick and easy

• I don't wear makeup. I might use some concealer if I breakout, but that's it.

Honestly, makeup overwhelms me, haha. I wouldn't know what colors to use or the best way to apply it. And with my skin, I just don't feel like it would be a good idea.

• i wear makeup most of the time, like if I'm going out with friends or at school or work, but if I'm working out (which takes up most of my life), going to the store, or just generally feeling lazy I won't wear any, maybe some mascara if I need a confidence booster.

when I do wear makeup I wear

*benefit cosmetics some kinda gorgeous foundation faker (but I hardly wear this, only when my skin is looking particularly unfortunate)

* eyeliner (if its pencil, then I will put it lightly on top and bottom, but if its liquid, I put thick line on the top and skip the bottome)

*mascara

*carmex

*and really really occasionally blush and bronzer.

• My natural routine is wearing it all. I cannot imagine daily life without it, especially since my normal skin is a little blotchy, dealing with acne and redness. And as a former model, I've learned many cool technique's of wearing stuff several different ways. My most prominent is eyeliner and mascara as it truly outlines my beautiful hazel eyes (so I've been told many times). Also, I used to do Mary Kay and Avon, so I do know a little more than just something about cosmetics, and I used to do my close pals and help them with color sharing, applications, etc.

• I only wear mascara on most days, sometimes I add in some light golden & brown eyeshadow, just to enhance my eyes a little bit, but nothing to heavy at all. When I'm going somewhere special, ill put on some liquid e/l, but that's about it. I don't like wearing lipstick, I'm always with lip balm.

• On usual days I just use bronzer to even out my skin tone and mascara to make my eyes pop.

On days that I work I add in a little blush and some eye shadow. That's usually it.

• I always wear some kind of eyemake up because I'm used to having it on and for some reason feel prettier for wearing it, I used to wear heavy foundation because I had bad acne but now don't do that because I don't have any anymore.

• I only wear make up when I'm not feeling lazy and not in a rush to get ready haha. I usually wear: foundation, eyeliner, mascara and lip balm I guess.. if that counts?

• That definitely counts. Some people even consider that "heavy" though I think that's in the light/moderate category.

• Yeah, I used to think it was heavy, but since I started dancing, this is about light-moderate. Stage make up involves EVERYTHING!! to list all that I use for that , its foundation, powder, eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, false eyelashes, blush, and finally lipstick!! My light range is usualy just mascara and foundation, which sounds so much better than the stage make up hah

I like to give my skin a break once in a while and it feels so nice to not wear any make up on your face :

• Yeah, I'm sure celebs wear even more than you listed. My main three are foundation/concealer, eyeliner and mascara. But I have a ton of products as I'm considering going into the beauty field. I would love to study stage make-up or anything like that. It sounds cool and I love theater and dancing!

• I always have make up on when in college or out somewhere, but I have natural days as well

especially when I'm in a rush or feeling like not doing this to my face haha

and I use:

mascara

black eye liner

foundation

• I use cream eyeliner, bare minerals foundation, concealer with salicylic acid (only during the times I break out), lip gloss, eyeshadow (sometimes), mascara, and blush.

• I think I got you beat when it comes to minimal make up... mascara and chapstick (haha would I be too conceited to say that my face is pretty enough without it?)

• Haha, no! Yay for confidence! But that means you must have pretty great skin. My skin is horrid without coverage.

• Haha, yea I really can't complain, I got pretty lucky :)

• *shakes fist*

• I don't always wear make up but it's mainly out of laziness. I work at a comestic counter and after several days of working straight, sometimes I just don't want to touch my face. Also, I mainly wear make up for work and that's when I experiement. Usually for everyday, I wear a lot less make up

• most days [if/when I'm going out]

it would only be eyeliner

and for those special occasions: eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara

other than that I go without makeup

• I wear make up if I go to school/see friends/bf.

Just mascara, blush and a little foundation around the nose area, and soft lip gloss. If I feel daring I put on a little dark brown eyeliner, that's it. I'm au natural.

No make up for work...who cares about how you look at a local deli lol.

I snicker at girls who cake it on or has like rainbow colored eye shadows...:)

• I wear a lot of stuff! xD

Power foundation.

Blush.

Eyeliner.

Mascara.

Eye shadow.

Lip stick.

Lip gloss.

Lip liner.

• I hate foundation. I can't stand it, but I don't need it fortunately. I just wear eye liner and eyeshadown and I'm good to go.

Sometimes I will wear lip gloss, but usually not. I tend to lick it off.

Hehe.

• I don't like to wear a lot of make up as it is so I usually just wear mineral foundation and mascara.

* Going oh-natural is good for your skin!

• I apply an extremely light layer of liquid foundation, then apply concealer on my blemishes and then mineral powder. I also use eyeliner, mascara and usually chapstick of lip gloss.

• Ermm, I wear

?Mascara

?Eye-Liner

?Foundation

?Eye Shadow

?Lip Gloss

?Blush

?Bronzer

?EyeBrow Pencil

Everyydayy,

Yes I change up the style each day, it always helps:)

If I'm really lazy that day, I only wear a few things, but stick with a style that I love the most.

• I only wear makeup if I'm leaving the house.

I just use eyeshadow, mascara, and some sparkly/glitter eyeliner for my top lids.

Foundation, I dunno. My face isn't a cake, so why cover it all up? :|

• i don't ware much make up I tend to just wear mascara or liquid eyeliner with lipgloss or red lipstick which looks really retro

• i wear

mascara

eyeliner

foundation

lip gloss

i go for the natural look on a daily basis though.

• I wear chapstick, which I don't count as makeup as I use it to prevent chapped lips.

• I wear Some Translucent powder stuff, so my freckles still show (: And I put some lightish eyeshadow and black mascara on. That's it. (:

• Lol I wear makeup every single day

almost every girl at my school at least wears foundation.

• im into the "goth" stuf. so dark heavy black eye shadow and eye liner and then white face makeup

• More from Girls
    6