Why is aggressiveness promoted in Exercise and Dance (Workouts, Hiphop) but Soft personalities are discouraged?

When i see Hiphop dance all the people are up in your face making all these angry faces and having this attitude. It's scary. I'm the type of person who is soft nice and playful. I don't want to be angry and aggresive but it does seem like our culture does promote aggresiveness much more.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're referring to those Hiphop dancers who dance to show off or on tv/movies, please retract your statement about it. I am a Hiphop dancer myself, along with several of my friends and when we dance, we always have a laugh because we dance for the sake of dancing. We're not there to show off, or to make a living off of it. So it's not the dance itself. It's the culture behind it that makes it seem aggressive. The aggressive behaviour is promoted because that is what most of the younger generations are buying into, where we, as people, have grown accustomed to it.

What Girls Said 3

• It's not that they're making faces... it's that they're so hype and they're so focused and it shows lol

• You're comparing apples to oranges. Dancing & exercise doesn't dictate what your personality is.

• It's not aggressive in that way. I think you're just a little soft or something.

What Guys Said 1

• because thats what gets your adrenaline going and it gets you pumped and raging