When is someone too old to wear short skirts?

I'm not talking about really short skirts, but just short enough that it covers the thighs midway. I was going to buy a skirt yesterday that I really liked that I thought was flattering, but my friend told me I was too old for them. She said girls in their late 20's and older should wear them at the knee or longer. Also, apparently I am too old to wear tank tops and bikini's now. I'll be 28 soon.

Most Helpful Girl

• See if it all depends on your body type. If the skirt, its type, color etc suits and flatters your body. Then it is a green signal go wear that skirt.
    Make sure you choose a skirt without patterns it suits girls of your age. Also wear neutral colours like black brown grey etc. You can wear others colours too if you feel more confident in it.
    As for bikinis well if you can rock it wear it. :)

• It was just a denim skirt, and I thought it looked good in the mirror.

• *that skirt

• Thanks for the MHO. :)

What Guys Said 5

• 28 is old? Wow... im 28 and i feel as young as ever. Its not how old you are, its how old you feel. If you feel good about youself then you go and buy that skirt and wear it with style, regardless of what anyone else tells you. No one knows themselves better than their very ownselves, and if you feel good ms, then dont worry, good luck.

• I never thought of myself as old either, but she's been pointing it out lately that I am. Everything I enjoy doing lately apparently I am getting too old for it.

• Does she feel old? I mean dont get me wrong maybe she does have a point after all. But i thought age was just a number though. I mean you can be 21 but be pretty mature about yourself and with life. Nevertheless, you could actually be 36 but still till this day be pretty immature the way you act with things in life in general. I mean individual results will be different altogether. Oh and by the way 36 ain't old for me... at least not in my book. :-)

• Yes, she's very depressed about her age. Everyone, including me has told her she's not old but she just lashes out and insults us. She's been doing it to me the most, telling me that my youth is over and I should find a man and hurry up and settle down otherwise I'll be 36 and alone and that I am too old to be single and dating. I never knew someone was too old to be single. My aunt is in her late fifties and she's single but she doesn't care.

• I think it is mostly about what you feel comfortable wearing. I've seen some older women, 50's plus, in skirts that were caught by the wind at the Bay Bridge, an they looked really hot, but they wear more sensible panties!!
    Age is just a number! Some people can look ten years younger with just their clothes.
    Wear what you feel comfortable with, and tell the 'haters' to F-off!!

• When did 28 become old? That is the length I see most girls wear skirts nowadays anyway. I think it is fine to wear.

• Never really thought of myself as old until she started pointing it out to me that I am.

• when there is more veins showing than skin lol

• After 35, def. not in your 50's, 60's, 70's and if you make it, 80's, and 90's

What Girls Said 5

• I think 28 is fine to be wearing skirts, tank tops and bikinis, that isn't at all old. I see girls and women up to their 40s still wearing this stuff and pulling it off fine.

• Dear age is just a number game:)... All u need is a good figure so u end up looking good in short skirt. My mum in her 30s also wore short skirts cas she had a good figure n skirt suited her figure very well:) if y think u look good, go ahead, wear it n, prove ur friend that u r stil in ur sweet sixteen ( just make sure it compliments ur figure) :)

• You wear what looks nice and what you feel happy in, simple. Now if it's a 50 year-old trying to pull that off, it's wrong, not at 28 though.

• Depends on the style. If it's bright and pink maybe you're too old. But white or a more neutral colour, you've still got some years left.

As for bikinis, you've got a good 15 years of bikinis left for sure.

• You can wear whatever you want. It depends on your style.