GIRLS: Is it normal or common to wear such dramatic eyeshadow makeup looks on the regular?

I'm talking about looks like these:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/-bO3duyr0ws/0.jpg

media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/.../...8d1bc2096119.jpg

33.media.tumblr.com/...ltsqihDSg01qfedw3o1_500.jpg

I always hear my mother say that they only wear those kind of looks in magazines, photo shoots, music videos and anything else that has to do with media entertainment and that NO woman wears those kind of looks. I wear them when I'm walking down the street going to stores and and just anywhere. But is it common to see women with eye makeup like that unless it's for modeling purposes?

Most Helpful Girl

• Where what ever makes you happy or makes you feel pretty. :)

• I've seen it many times. There's really no rules when it comes to how you want to wear your make up. I say go for it , doesn't matter what time of day.

What Guys Said 2

• OMG that is just creepy to me. I rarely rarely see that kind of look in public so it's not very common I guess. But like I said, I think it's way too much. Makes it creepy.

• Runway models, and prostitutes

What Girls Said 4

• In all honesty, I don't think I've ever seen a female in real life wearing that much eyeshadow.

• Common? No but some people do wear it and pull it off quite well, I occasionally go for a slightly dramatic loo :)

• I dont know any one that wears that, and i personally think its a lot, especially to where during the day to a store and so, i guess it would be fine to wear to a club or something but it is a little much.

• Never seen it outside but I live in Sweden so... lol