What do you see as an acceptable skirt length?

I was raised in a backwards little country town. There all the school systems had the exact same rules and regulations. I've always felt it was wrong that the ELEMENTARY schools allowed girls to wear middle finger lengthed skirts but that the HIGH school required that they had to go PAST your knees. Backwards. It's put the impression on me that all my skirts have to be at least middle finger length to be socially "acceptable" even though I'm an adult. Which do you see as an acceptable length? Were those rules backwards? Details please! Thanks :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on where you are going, for church I don't wear them any shorter than mid-thigh and that's with leggings. I only go slightly shorter than that to go out without leggings and any shorter definitely has leggings :)

• Basically, it depends on what you're wearing with the skirts length... all about what you pair it with, in certain situations

• Yeah exactly :)

• Thanks for most helpful :)

What Guys Said 5

• depends on your situation, also the middle finger length is sort of vague, since some girls have short arms, and some have long arms.

If you're going out for drinks, a little above mid thigh, if you're going to church, between mid thigh and knee length.

Honestly, I don't care how short it is. If you're my girl though, I don't want your vagina popping out. anything longer than that is fine.

• Probably because elementary school students are children and not thinking about how short a girls skirt is. High school students might be a bit distracted with short skirts, and try not to be overly sexualized.

• As long as the skirt does not reveal too much thigh, I don't care how long or short it is.

• Short is good

• Halfway up the thigh I guess

What Girls Said 4

• thats not backwards. thats manners and self respect.

just because all of society does something, doesn't mean anything else is backwards.

anyway i think the shortest id go id halfway down my thigh, but thats only if i really love a piece enough not to look for another more acceptable one. and u know what? i still get the same, if not more attention from guys, so its not about the clothes, its about how u wear them.

• however short you feel confident in

• I think finger tip length is appropriate for all ages and genders. My goodness they're just legs. Meanwhile there is no rules for how low your neckline should be.

• At my high school there was a length rule for everything :P

• No boobs at my former school. I would think boobs showing would be more of a priority for a school to attack haha! :D

• Yeah, high school/middle school... what a drag... even the cheerleader uniforms were still pretty long. I hated not getting to see shorter skirts on them ;)

• I believe about two inches from the knee is okay. Anything above that can show way too Mich, especially when you sit down.

• Depends on how you're wearing the skirt

• That's what most women do with their short skirt, they wear leggings... I hate it

• I don't see a problem with it.