GAGers what do you think about this?

title says it all... what do you think about this? about little kids doing makeup tutorials and also kids participating in beauty pageants? they are still at an age where they should live as a kid (to play like normal ones) not like a mini adult.. what are your thoughts about it?
download.kataweb.it/.../1246892540629_720267-.jpg

3219a2.medialib.glogster.com/.../little-miss.jpg

http://youtu.be/Eg_43HS2H60

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with you. I do not like it one bit. Kids should be playing and having fun not doing this kind of stuff. I feel this is the parents doing this for themselves and I feel it is not good for the girls either. In my personal opinion it raises girls the wrong way. Sends them the wrong messages of what is important in life and just is not a good influence on them.

• yeah exactly

• Thanks :)

• you're welcomed;p

What Guys Said 9

• 1. All (or almost all) kids and especially girls love to be grown up right since they are a tot
    2. Probably has to do with their natural maternal instincts, ability to mature faster than boys etc
    3. They love being treated that way alright and I'm pretty sure about that :-)
    4. However, they can't do all these w/o getting the requisite support from parents / guardians
    5. Almost every parent wants their child to be famous and stuff so guess most will succumb to these and also makes the kids feel good
    6. These kids don't get treated as an adult for sure but like any child they bask in the attention which they love
    7. Keeping their feet on the ground is responsibility of the parent / guardian which is where most of them fail
    8. Making the kids miss school or any other activity too frequently for participating in any or either of these is another irresponsible thing
    9. I think the global censor boards must also ensure that the kids haven't missed school and related activities, the same way they put up sanctions on treatment of animals / birds used in movies, ADs etc
    10. It's easier to pass judgments but how does one depict a child in an ADVT w/o a child? ;-) and as far as beauty pageants go, I think it's much avoidable at that age :-) those really make those kids lose their childhood and often make them haughty or depressed :-)

• They're being forced to grow up past
    their own age, I don't agree with such
    a childhood, but if they at least enjoy
    it, then I can overlook it.

But you must admit, that girl in the
    third video is too adorable. ^.^

• yeah she's cute but too young to wear makeup (which can cause damage to her sensitive skin)

• Agree, they should be spending their childhood
      doing child things and playing.. ^.~

Also, I can't imagine doing that every morning
      before going outside, so time consuming. :3

• hahahah yeah^.^

• I would not allow that in my household, simple as that.

• Too lazy to rant, so in short, WRONG.

• Sick, twisted things that create shallow human beings, people who tgink looks are all that matter, the people who run these ruin these kids lives, permanently

• Child molesters are worse parents most likely but the parents of these children also deserve a beatdown.

• yeah, i don't want my children to be influence by that activities. i played a lot during my childhood days , it's enjoyable to play, eat, poop, eat and sleep so i would like my kids to live with no pressures...

• It shouldn't be acceptable girls that age should be playing with their teddy bears not doing that.

• It's just dumb make the kids go play or something young girls do not some stupid pageant thing

What Girls Said 3

• Makes me sick to be honest. We already have teens and adults struggling with self-esteem and beauty standards we don't need kids thinking that they need makeup and extensions to be beautiful and judging other normal looking kids for not being glamorized because they are too busy being kids like they should

• true baby!

• Real beauty pageants such as National American Miss with young age groups don't even allow makeup for these girls age I think those pageants on t. v. should be banned because I feel like half of these girls don't even have a choice their parents make them do it for money. I always think about JonBennet Ramsey she was so adorable and would be 24 years old. We still don't know what happened to her.

• yeah i've heard about this case

• I would want my child to grow up in the most natural n innocence way. Not judging the above but I would prefer to keep make up at later stage of her life. Embrace the most nat ur al self

• yes that's the point.. they are still innocent but they are pushed by parents to participate in beauty pageants and look like creepy little dolls with all this makeup

• I feel bad for the children

• its so sad

• FREAKY to say the least. Also... sad...
    :((((((