Belly button piercing problems! help!

i took my belly button ring out a month ago because it was rejecting it. would it be okay to get it re-pierced tomorrow?

I did get it repierced! So if you think you're belly button is rejecting Go to ur local piercer and have them look at it, if it is take it out asap, the sooner you take it out the soowr you can get it repierced!
Oh yeah DO NOT clean ur piercing with hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, or neosporin

Most Helpful Girl

• I had mine done a couple of years ago and it sort of rejected it but I left it in anyway and now its ok anyways I would wait before you get it done again if you should even get it done again because maybe your body doesn't take well to it. What exactly happened to it?

• Well I got it pierced and didn't really clean it that much. and then it became infected and I started to semi clean it and then I put a dangly belly button ring on it... yeah bad idea.. and I took it out because it was just starting to reject it since that's what the piercer told me. and I thought well taking it out the sooner the better but I miss and want to know when I can get it done again

• Just a little bit but not really, it's because they have to go through the scar tissue that is already there. but it's completely bearable.

• Your belly button ring wasn't sort of rejecting lol it's called migration. Your belly button ring can't sort of reject once it's rejecting it doesn't stop. There's a big difference between migration and rejection. Look it up.

What Guys Said 1

• Gross. I've seen infected piercings and they are not pretty at all.

Anyways, just get it re pierced, but make sure you clean it with rubbing alcohol everyday.

What Girls Said 5

• I dunno.. I would ask the tattoo/ piercing shop about that. If your body is rejecting it, it probably has something to do with the metal. Ask a professional.

Wish I could be more of a help. Good luck.

• I read that you clean it with sea salt and water. How much salt do you mix in with the water? Or do you just buy a solution of sea salt & water from the chemist? I'm just wondering because I want mine to heal faster and this appears to be the most common way of cleaning so I'm assuming it's the most effective. Thanks :)

• I don't think there is anyway to make it heal faster. I wouldn't over clean it though, because I heard it isn't good for it. I usually just do a pinch of salt water tho

• Thanks a bunch :)

• yes it should be okay but if you get it done again make sure you spray it a lot and keep it clean and if it gets rejected again talk to the person who peirced it and see what they can do

• what do you clean it with and how often?

• When you first get it done your supposed to clean it at least 3 times a day with a mix of salt water and a Que tip and you could buy stuff from the place also. why where you thinking of getting it done?

• I clean it with sea salt and water. make sure you don't clean it with just regular soap either, try looking online for the name of the salt used. and I use anti-bacterial germicidal topical cleanser. you place the salt water for 15 min twice a day and the cleaner every day too.

• my second belly button piercing got rejected as well, but I don't think I would get it repierced.

First, it is very likely to be rejected again, since it did already.

and Second, since the skin already healed already, the piercing size got smaller (from 12 to 10 mm) and therefore the little scar would be right on the skin between the upper and lower ball of the piercing... so I guess wouldn't look too pretty.

but you should defo ask a piercer about it or maybe get the lower belly pierced