Is it appropriate to wear a dress on the 1st day of college?

I ma going to be a freshmen in college and I was thinking about wearing a dress on the 1st day. Is wearing a dress on the 1st day too dressy or appropriate? I'm talking about a dress like this. www.urbanoutfitters.com/.../productdetail.jsp

Most Helpful Girl

• One thing I learned doing Early college, there is NO type of dress code for college, I noticed a lot of people in jeans and t-shirts but then I also noticed them in dresses and skirts and I even wore some skirts and heels myself (I didn't have many classes) so if you like that I would wear it :)

What Guys Said 11

• is it appropriate?
    of course it's appropriate. wear whatever you want. you'll probably quickly realize that most people don't dress all too nicely for college classes (sweats, pjs, flip flops were all pretty normal in my classes) but for a first day there isn't anything inappropriate about wearing that dress

• its totally fine. I went to my class yesterday and this girl walked in wearing a dress. she looked damn good! and it was kind of like the link you showed so eets all guud!

• Wear something else, if you go in this dress day one you will be the eye candy of the college and attracting attention on the first day is never good, it makes you a threat in the eyes of girls who are low on self esteem and confidence and they would make your life hard by being jealous

• My first day of classes was this week and I saw plenty of girls wearing skirt/dresses and have during the week. I could see a girl dressed up in a nice dress and flats and then the next girl is in a tank top, short shorts and sneakers. Dress however you want to dress.

• I don't see why it wouldn't be appropriate. Just don't wear the combat boots (uggh).

• Why not? Wear it while you can before fall/winter.

• uhhhh... people will be admiring your personalitits if you wear that.
    Maybe something a bit more conservative?

Kinda like 60s housewive dresses with a bit tighter fit.
    Those work GREAT.

• Not at all. Whatever you are comfortable with.

• That looks great. Perfect for a first day (:

• He'll no, I wish more girls dressed more femine, loose all the pants girls

• Appropriate. I Love the shoes but i dont like the dress tbh... It's Ugly.

What Girls Said 9