Girls: at what age is it appropriate to start wearing high heels?

I'm about to turn 17 and I just bought these adorable floral wedges online. Problem is I didn't realize they'd be a little over 5 inches. At what age is it okay to start wearing tall shoes?

• Any age. Go for it :)
  • Tweens (9-12)
  • Young teen (13-15)
  • Older teen (16 and up)
  • Probably in your 20s

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• Answer: Whenever your ready for it.

Answer explained: You are free, if you want to do it, and its not against the law. So whenever your ready to embrace personal freedom (and maybe suffer for it)

• At whatever age you feel ready. But you definitely not start with 5-inch heels. You are gonna destroy your feet. Start with a short heel.

• Depends on the girl and the height of the heels, but 14 or 15 seems about right to me.

• You can wear them whenever your parents allow you to. However, I would think it's just about how much practice you've had in them. Probably shouldn't go out in them, if you don't know how to

What Girls Said 9

• My first pair of heels was for a church thing and I was like 12 and they were like maybe 2in but I said 13-15 because I was fifteen when I bought these really cute ankle booties that I adore and they're about 3-4 inches. I bought these pair of professional heels that are nude and super cute and 4in at age 16 and then at 16 (later that summer) I bought these really cut coral wedges that are around 5in. I'm 17 and I don't wear heels super often but I know the tricks. Heels that are the most comfortable are the ones where your foot isn't forced to be arched, more comfortable shoes have a platform for the front of your foot.

• I wore high-heeled boots at about 13 or 14 and never thought much about it. Actually high-heeled shoes though I think I wore when I was about 17. I hated them though. Still do.

• So I was at a hotel the other day and I guess they there was beauty pageant... I saw this adorable toddler with her pacifier and she had her little heels on!!! It was soo cute. I've been wearing heels since I was 15. Which is why I am can stay standing in 7" X) I believe it is better to learn how to walk in them while you are young, but only if the girl is fully grown horizontally.

• Depends what you wear with them, don't wear 5 inch heels at 16/17 with a skirt or dress that hardly covers your arse. You don't wanna do that. It's wrong.

• I would say 17 but I didn't start wearing them until I turned 18 and that's only because I work in an office. I never wear them outside of work because I'm not a really flashy person.

• I say the age you start going on nights out so about 18+. Kitten heels I say 14+ on special occasions.

• I started wearing heels in 8th grade

• Why did you lie about your age?

• I didn't :) I misclicked when I was first signing up for gag. Sorry for the confusion!

• Was just wondering.

• I think like 14.. but not like super high.. I would wear them to church