Can you be a model if you are short?

I really would love to be a model I'm the perfect size, just need some tonning. But someone said I'm too short I'm 5'3. But I love modeling, clothing and pictures.

0|0
11|4

Most Helpful Girl

• You can but its hard and you have to be extremely beautiful and unique.

You can be a model for magazines but never for highfashion on the runway.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• SMH @ GaG.. . The vast majority of models are tall, 95%. You have little to no chance.

0|1
    0|0
  • Honey boo boo is a short model

1|0
    0|1
  • Highly unlikely

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course you can! There are plenty of children clothing stores that need beautiful models!

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 10

• You can in some agencies. There are some models who are quite petite because they're so short, and they still qualify to be a photography model - that's the only type of modeling you'll ever get away with your height. Like I said, it depends. The agency has to really love your looks. Give it a try!

0|0
    0|0
  • There are petite models, but I think they still run around 170cm... Don't think they really crave for a shorter girl than that...

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure you can. I have a friend who is 5'5 who did some modeling in Asia. Mostly catalog work though.

Import models are usually petite too, although I'm not sure you'd like that kind of work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Petite models exist, maybe not on runways but they are still needed.

0|0
    0|0
  • of cource you can! nobody can tell you what you can do and what not... go for it! since this is your dream you should try to make it come true...:)

0|0
    0|0
  • Eva Longoria.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think this link would be of interest to you. It has a lot of info about modeling.

http://www.newmodels.com/height.html

0|1
    0|0
  • You'll be stuck in children's clothes for... forever. But hey.

0|0
    0|0
  • You could always consider an Asian market-- most Asian models (catalog or magazine fashion wise) are around your height, but you would also have to have a petite build since Asian sized clothes run pretty small on most western women. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • If the photography and brand of whatever is being promoted likes you, than yes. Petite modeling, look into it.

1|0
    0|0