How do you feel when you're around someone who's prettier than you?

I feel like the wicked queen did when the mirror gave her the damning revelation that snow white was now the fairest one of them all.

this rarely happens to me, so now I'm at a loss. usually I am one of the, if not the, cutest girls in the room in any given setting. now there is a new supervisor who I feel totally upstages me. she is so good looking it makes me angry. I never want to come off as a hater, so I was polite to her and spoke but its just so maddening.

I feel like I'm losing but I don't know what... how do girls deal being around someone who is prettier than them? what do you do? do you try to ignore the beauty difference? step your game up and improve your own looks (I have been slacking lately)? or spike her compact with oil when she's not looking so she suffers breakouts and goes down a few notches?

Most Helpful Girl

• I totally understand you, and I feel the same and yes I admit i have got problems with self confidednce. And how many times i have tried to persuade myself that i dont need to compare myself with them it does not help, just because people around do it constantly. I've been in the situation recently when i and a pretty girl were walking together and this guy came up to us and told that girl You are very beautiful then turned to me and said But you r not. So i understood that i need to discuss in this way If i can't be most beautiful then i will be most interesting and kindest which is totally depends on me. And it really helps i just relax and joke a lot and get very considerate to people around which attracts much more attention than good appearance.

What Guys Said 1

• go lesbian for her i guess? that way people are like, look at those sexy lesbian bitches, instead of, look at that sexy bitch and that slightly less sexy bitch

What Girls Said 14

• I don't compare myself to other girls at all, I used to when I was younger I didn't have much confidence in myself but that is all gone now. Everyone has there own beauty, and everyone is different. Just because someone might have a nice smile or something doesn't mean they are better than you or prettier than you. Learn to love yourself and be happy with who you are. There is no need to compare yourself to other people life is to short for that. It used to beat me up all the time my confidence of course about me wishing what some girl had that I had but no I don't think like that anymore. I know I am beautiful and maybe there some other pretty girls in the world but that doesn't mean I beat myself up about and wish I was someone I'm not. I always think positive about myself and don't let any other girl's beauty get to me.

• I would never sabotage another person. Pretty pathetic because a person's facial structure, which is usually the attractive factor can't be changed easily. I consider it to be depressing but it also motivates me to look better, either by working out or doing something with my makeup/hair.
    I realised long ago that you can't compare yourself to other people. Especially if your style is different to other people's. And if all else fails, appreciate the fact that you look better than other people. It's not always possible to be the absolute best looking. And who knows, there's bound to be people out there who prefer you over her.
    The most adult thing to do is move on, as the other person may not have the thoughts you have, of being the most attractive there and being one up on everyone else.

• I try not to compare myself to other people. Of course that does not always work, but if makes you feel better, you don't know what the rest of her life is like. Maybe being pretty is all she has! Sometimes people can come off as a person who has everything, but that's usually not the case.

• I simply acknowledge their beauty. I'm highly confident in myself and I don't allow others to put me down. There will always be someone prettier than me, but that's not an excuse to not find myself beautiful nevertheless.

• I'm calling troll.

In the case that I'm wrong, suck it up and deal with it. People will always be prettier than you, that's how the world is. Don't be an immature little kid and "sabotage" her. Yes, step up your game, but she'll still probably be prettier. So just deal with it and grow up.

• Wow. I don't even know ow where to begin with this. You obviously have some issues regarding yourself and how other people value you and how you value other people. You seem pretty desperate for everyone to want to #*@£ you and it's not normal to be put out this much just by the presence of another woman. I can't tell if you're trolling which means if you are you're doing it very well :)

• I've never been in that situation. (JUST KIDDING)

I don't compare myself and think "wow she's prettier than me." I usually just think "wow she's pretty." No need to worry or compare. Everyone sees themselves differently than others see them.

• I used to compare myself to every girl at my school but I don't that anymore because I mean everyone is different and everyone has there own flaws. I totally agree with you, there's no need to compare yourself you know you are who you are just be happy with who you are and learn to love yourself for who God made you.

• Maybe it's just the way I've been brought up and taught to love myself (my body included) that I don't feel threatened by other women... so to be completely honest, I can't help you here, sorry! xx

• Doesn't matter how pretty your are it's the personality that sets the pretty and ugly girls apart. I know a lot of pretty girls with a bad attitude and the some guys stay away from them, and go for the ones that are not so pretty with a great personality. It's really not looks it's how you carry yourself and your personality. I have been told that by to many guys now.

• I would acknowledge her beauty and then accept that anyone can be better looking than me out there. Thereafter I would assess her based on her personality attitude and work performance, if she can be good in those I would be happy next to her.

• I feel like a sack of potatos but I gotta accept it and admire her beauty and wish that i look like her and try to move on.

• I feel like I should tell her she's pretty.

• I feel like I us sally do because honestly I usually feel like other girls are prettier than me all the time anyway.

• it always motivates me to improve myself. ^-^