Do you think belly button piercings are skanky? why?/why not?

Also, guys opinions on them. Do you think it's gross or a turn off on a girl? General opinions? I'm just curious because when I got one my dad was pissed because he says they're inappropriate. I got it for myself though to increase my self esteem.

Most Helpful Guy

• My mom got one when she was in her late 40s. It makes it hard to think of them as "skanky." And my friend the college professor, she got one. Not skanky.

As for turn on/off? For me, wouldn't do anything, but they're a way to decorate your body, and I don't see why people shouldn't do that. If you like the way something looks, go for it :)

Your dad sounds like he thinks he owns your body or something, and he needs to remember that you're an adult and can make your own decisions. Don't give it up if you like it. But since he's your father, I can see wearing a shirt that covers it :p The things we do for family harmony.

What Guys Said 11

• In my opinion, any peircings on a girl (besides genitailia) is a turn on. Your father just said that because he is your dad lol but no it is not at all skanky

• It's pretty sexy. Not all girls could pull off the look though.

• No, it's hot.

• Personally I think belly button piercings look very sexy on a girl I've seen lots of girls with that type of piercing and I've always liked it. Far as I'm concerned it looks very sexy on a girl

• don;t think there's anythign wrong with having a belly piercing!!

• Skanky indeed. Don't ask why, the simple fact that you have to ask is enough proof that people think they're skanky.

• people think they're skanky that doesn't mean that they are lol i was just wondering based on my dad's feedback on me getting the piercing done. you can't even say why you think so?

• Ohhhh okay I know exactly what you mean haha. Well that seems like a perfectly fine reason to have a belly button piercing :p

• yuup i suppose so:]

• Nope. They are sexy.

• I think all piercings are skanky.

• 1. Everyone's opinion will differ
    2. Who cares if people think you're skanky you are who you are just be you
    3. Most of the people who think a piercing automatically makes you promiscuous probably aren't worth your time
    4. People who treat promiscuous people any different from anyone else aren't worth your time
    5. I like em

• In my opinion it's only skanky if you go around flaunting it to every guy other then that it's like an ear piercing... Cute and simple

• Bellybutton piercing are very sexy on a girl. Either that, or a belly chain. You can use a belly chain if you have a problem with belly piercing.

What Girls Said 8

• I like belly button piercings I have one for myself and they're absolutely jot skanky. They're sexy.

• My belly button is pierced there is nothing skanky about ii nobody ever sees it unless i'm wearing a swim suit and I don't even really wear half tops.

• I just think that out of every body piercing out there bellybutton piercings are the most basic ones ever.
    Not skanky but lame. Skanky would be like a clit piercing or something like that... Which if someone can get something like that piercing they are a total badass lol that shit must hurt!!

• a clit piercing would feel like hell but in your pants. and then you would give yourself an infection or something by masturbating. eeww

• BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA OMG DUDE! LMFAO! What a crazy imagination!!! Worse part is that I'm sure there's some crazy true story for that too.
      I mean someone in this planet probably had their clit hanging due to an accident.

• oh i didn't think of that. now i feel like a bitch for imagining it up ;0

• I do, but that's just because most girls that have them are skanky (here)...
    In general, I just don't find them classy...

• I have one and I love it I think they're really pretty

• I have had mine pierced for a year. They're a nice decorative thing on your belly, but not a bar of metal to base your self-esteem on. I got my belly pierced after I knew I had a really sexy body; the piercing was just icing on the cake.

Good luck with the red, pussy infections though! :)

• nice. well it's not so much that i based my self esteem on it it was more like i think im pretty but it would make me feel even prettier/cooler to get this piercing. Also, I got it done a year and eight months ago & am just now asking about it haha cause i wondered what the people on here had to say. I haven't really got infections it was directly after I got it done that I got them but Bactine is amazing for piercings.

• Ah I see. Well my dad wasn't too happy either about it. When he got to work he was complaining about it and one of his employees snapped & said "She got a belly ring? Aww, shut up! My daughter's knocked up! Wish to trade?" And I've never heard him say another word about it.
      I haven't heard of that stuff, but I use the Clare's ear piercing solution to clean it with. Although I can't find my bar!! :O

• I think they are cute. My dad dident like when i got mine either... He got over it tho.

• Theyre skanky on skanks..
    If you're not a little whore, then a belly button piercing, is very beautiful and decorative.