Should I relax my hair?

My hair is extremely curly... Like beyond curly. When ever I try to straighten it, it reverts right back to curly. Its soo annoying, I rather wear my hair straight because its easier to manage. Everyone says I should leave my hair curly because its pretty.. blah blah blah. But they don't understand how hard it is to manage it. Oh and is it true if you relax your hair it will stay straight forever? But pleease help me lol..

• Straight Hair
  • Curly Hair

Most Helpful Girl

• Ohh damn sorry I said straight, I really meant curly - a relaxer can cause damage to your hair and may even burn it and may even burn your scalp and skin so no do not do it and I have seen so many cases where it went wrong - trust me your hair is beautiful the way if is

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 8

• No learn to take better care of your curls try
    CurlyNikki. com or NaturallyCurly. com for tips :D

A relaxer is permanent but not eternal, it's like coloring your hair. The relaxer only lasts until your hair grows out then you'll have your curls again.

GOD gave you curls be happy and embrace it, life will be much easier! Look up curly hairstyles for inspiration

• I don't like my extremely straight hair. Whenever I curl it (with any kind of a method) and when I put no products in my hair or medium amount or tons it still just ends up being straight in 5 minutes (literally), even though I spent ad least 30 minutes curing it...
    Sooooo... I say don't do it.

I realize it might be difficult to manage, but straight hair is not easy either. because having small baby hairs they really stick out and look ridiculous and you can't tame them without them looking even worse. Curly hair doesn't have this problem.

• I have long thick hair 2-3 inches past my waist and it's curly. Not like good curlys some pieces r super curly, some waves and the top layer around my face is straight because I Straighten it everyday from January 2013 to now and it is frizzy and damaged. So NEVER EVER try to straighten ur hair all the time or get it relaxed. It might bug u now but just wait having ur hair straight with naturally curly hair means FRIZZ!!! I say put a little gel in damp hair and let it be curly.

• Ps I have a ton of friends with curly hair and they wet it and put gel in it and I love the way it looks.

• No, don't do it. I know strait hair sounds good now , but think of the damage you'll do to your hair. I know a couple of people who got there hair relaxed and it seems like there hair never grows.

• Just make sure you dont use them to often or leave them in too long

• Ah no it won't staystraight forever just a few months. you should only get one every 6 months so your hair doesn't get damaged. But it does help with frizzines :)

• Definitely think through it first , i don't have curly hair so i can't tell you i understand the pain and can relate. But I have done some impulsive things , because even though my hair is straight its constantly a mess so i've dyed it and cut it all off on pure impulse and too be honest i'm never quite happy with it and now i've decided to just let it be the way it wants to be and to just take care of it. I think if you think it through and do lot of exstensive research and go to a good salon go for it! its your hair and a change is always fun (for a while at least) but DONT jump into it

• It doesn't stay straight 'forever'. My mom does the Japanese Straightening Treatment at a salon and it stays straight, but her hair grows out and it curly on top, so She does it every 4-6 months. And her hair also looks very damaged at the ends, no matter how much she trims it. And she has problems combing her hair after washing it because it's curly and tangled when wet.
    My hair is naturally curly, and both, straight and curly suit me. I know it's easier to manage but what's wrong with braids?

• Do your research. I was considering the same thing but had a change of heart after reading the cons. Don't rush into it. Like the opinion down below said CurlyNikki. com is and NaturallyCurly. com are great sites.