Getting made fun of because of these clothes, any idea why?

http://gyazo.com/5b0ad507c0482086d20b0d6698efdaf1

I wore the above outfit today and got loads of bad comments about it, my parents kept asking why I'm wearing it and what I'm trying to prove. My friends said that the trousers, chenos, are gay and give off that impression. I'm 17 and I was wearing this on the weekend, I normally wear button down shirts so it shouldn't be a big difference to what I normally wear yet a lot of people seem to have a issue. I guess I want to know if the items dont suit me and also whether or not I'm dressing up too much for a 17 year old

Most Helpful Girl

• They're too big for you. You look like you're drowning in your clothes.

Also, it's strange you'd choose to wear that on a weekend. Looks more like a school uniform.

What Girls Said 8

• First of all, you must wear whatever you like and what makes you feel comfortable. It's not like we all have to dress equally.
    Nevertheless, I still have an opinion and I'd say these are a little bit loose, so next time you go shopping, maybe try on a smaller size, so they can fit you better.
    Also, in my opinion, it might be too formal for a 17 year old. This is the type of clothes that most men use on more formal occasions, not on day to day life. But again, if that's how you like to dress, it's still more than ok and you shouldn't change it just because others think you should.

• You looked really nice but its obvious the clothes are too big for you so maybe keep it casual and clothes that fit you i. e.

31.media.tumblr.com/...lxzwsp9I1G1qbptbuo1_500.png

visualll.com/fashionable-casual-outfits-for-men/

• You are good looking guy just wear some jeans and tshirt it would look better on you than this and it's bigger than your size :)

• It's too big and it barely matches.

• It would look fine, if fitted properly. You need to get a blazer or dress coat jacket your size. Like everyone else said, it's just too big.

Also, the khakis are horrible. Maybe just my preference, but I strongly dislike khakis. Not even really sure if they are. But the color only looks right with certain things.

Smile btw!! :) Be more confident, you look so sad in the picture. :c

Other than the size of the jacket, you looked awesome. ☆

• That outfit is totally fine in my opinion... Ignore the haters! They're probably just jealous or not use to that ] fashion sense.

• dunno, maybe they have a point. Might be better sticking with simple stuff tbh.

• Lol just wear what you want. I love guys like you who don't just wear the standard things, it's awesome.
    Anybody can go to the mainstream shops and pick up the same thing they'll walk down the road and see 10 other guys wearing, not anybody can find their own things.

• Way to big and makes you look really strange, also you look like a nerd from some kind of movie, and look like you're about to go to a business meeting.

• yeah, thanks. really appreciate the honest feedback

What Guys Said 3

• HAHAHAHHAA

• Point taken :P

• the picture just made me laugh mainly cause of the facial expression and after reading the question. but its cool

• Were you at a convention center for aspiring businessmen? If not, then lose the suit. Lose any formal attire that you wear on a day to day basis because it doesn't fit the situation. Chinos are actually pretty sweet, they're usually what the skaters wear

• It's a good look, the problem is the clothes are too big.

Also keep the blazer buttons undone, it looks smart without looking too formal.

• yeah, obviously it was a mistake, glad I know now though, will stick with simple stuff

• It's not a mistake bro, don't get salty over nothing. Read what I'm saying - the style is good, it suits you, the problem is the clothes are a size too big for you.

Nobody looks good in baggy clothes.