Do girls really pay attention to eye contact?

I was wondering because I like this girl but I haven't really held eye contact with her and she acts like she does not notice me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well she might be noticing you but you can't tell she might look at you when you're not looking. but to me eye contact is important it shows that a guy really is listening to me good luck

What Girls Said 6

• If you gaze into her eyes for a little while, like 4-5 seconds, she will notice and then she'll be thinking about you even when your not around wondering why you did it, if you like her or stuff like that ect. It will definitely draw her attention to you and get her to notice.

• It's possible that she really hasn't noticed you since you haven't tried to catch her eye. It's also possible that she is going to pretend that she doesn't notice you until she knows you're actually looking at her. Girls DO notice whether or not you keep eye contact, so you need to work on that so she knows that you're looking at her and not someone else. Don't absolutely stare, but catch her eye for a few seconds and smile to make it a friendly exchange.

• Yes we all pay attention to eye contact that's the most important thing to us - at least to me! If there is no eye contact - then there's nothing there at all! I suggest hold an eye contact - that's the best way to go! Good luck!

• Yes we do. You should make eye-contact with her!

• That is one of the things I look for in a guy b. See if they can't make eye contact with you then they aren't really opening up and the are to scared of you. But when I talk to my boyfriend he always gives me complete eye contact which I love!

• It's important...

I think she actually notices you.

go smile and say hi when you have good chance.. don't only stare...

What Guys Said 1

• Oh, they absolutely they do. No doubt about it. She doesn't like you, that's why she doesn't return your gaze. Sorry gov'na. Even girls who are in happy relationships will usually return the gaze of a guy they are attracted to - I suspect its a natural biological reaction/function - am I wrong ladies?

Cheers

• This guy that I thought liked me won't really look me in the eyes! He did before but I don't know what happened? Did you do something? Or does he not like me anymore?

• Its a little different down the road - after you've hung out a bunch - if he's not giving you as much eye contact - its often because he doesn't want to show you how he feels - either he's not attracted to you and is hoping you get the hint - OR - he likes you sooo much he's afraid he'll scare you away if you know, so he hides his eyes - if you like him, try initiating some physical contact - touch his arm, put your hand on his chest - let him know you want to go further with him.

Cheers