Belly button piercing?

i want to get my belly button pierced but everyone keeps telling me I shouldn't get one because I can die if they mess up should I be worried about getting this piercing ?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have had mine for 2 years and it has always been fine because I took proper care of it and such. Most girls have there's get infected because they don't take care of it but as long as you take care of it then you will be fine. First off make sure the place you go to has there piercing and tattooing lisence which should be in the area where you walk in if you don't see it then ask them to see it and don't feel ashamed because that's what I did and you don't want aids. Next ask them to show you where they sanitize the ring and all the equipment they are using. The needle should be in a small sealed bad unopened because everyone knows that by them reusing a needle you have a risk for getting aids so this is really important. It takes two seconds and really doesn't hurt. But as soon as you get it done you need to start cleaning it with a qie tip and salt water. For like the first 3 months you should clean it this way at least 3 times a day then you could start to clean it less. Remember to wait to change the ring until its healed or more then 6 months, I waited a year to change mine. That's all you really need to know if you have any more questions or worries feel free to message me anytime :)

What Guys Said 4

• no don't be woried as a lot of girls your age have this and the risk of death is extremely low , that is not something you should be worried about at all , it just isn't going to happen , the risk of infection is high especially during the summer if you swim in freshwater lakes which is why a lot of the girls here get it pierced in the winter or fall instead .

but you should just get it pierced and not worry so much if you ask me .

• How about not getting one for the other more horrible (and less morbid reasons):

1. it'll make you look like a slut

2. if they don't use sterile technique and new equipment you could get any sort of infection

• For number one she wasn't asking for your moral condemnations. For number two any such place that provides piercing services would get sued fast and driven out of business if they didn't use the proper equipment and sterile techniques.

• There was nothing with my morals there, just my perception. Also, you're dead wrong about your latter point. There's no oversight in most states for that sort of activity, and in most states they can reuse equipment if it's sterilized. Now, I probably know more about autoclaves and chemical sterilization techniques than you, and that includes the multiple ways they can fail, so I'm thinking you should shut it and take my word for it.

• The worst thing that could happen would be that it would get infected. You can't die from it. Lol.

As for shiz25's comment, don't listen to him when he says it will make you look like a slut. I know a lot of girls that have them and it looks great and not slutty at all. It just depends if you look like a slut already, which I'm guessing you don't, so don't worry about it.

• No. If you decide to get it done in some back ally somewhere by an "expert". Maybe. But for the most part, no.

What Girls Said 11

• the likely hood of them messing up so a badly that they kill you is so slim. it's more likely that you screw up and don't take care of it and that'll make you sick.

• the only way you'd die from a belly button piercing is if you've got a crazy infection going on or if the piercer accidentally pierces your gut and you bleed to death, or something. don't worry about it. just find out how to take care of your piercing, and just go ahead with it. it's no big deal.

• Nope the piercing procedure itself is simple and if done correctly by a professional with sterile equipment there is a low chance of infection, unless in special cases such as if your body is allergic to the metal. It doesn't hurt much also either. However you should be careful with garments getting caught onto the barbell, seat belts, and also if your an active person when you play sports you could get hit and it could embed into your stomach though the chance of that is less likely. Lastly, you should consider whether when everyone tells you that you shouldnt get it, is it really because they are genuinely worried or they just think you wouldn't look good with it? If your happy about your body then good luck with the piercing (:

• the chances of you dying from a belly button piercing is about a big as me playing poker with a whale...

VERY SLIM!

• No you can't die. You jus might regret it if you want to stop wearing the ring cause it will leave a small scar where the hole is. I love my tummy so I'm gonna get my redone cause my hole closed and I have a mark! But I think the mark is worth it cause I've always wanted my belly button peirced that's why I'm paying another 20 bucks to get it done again.

• thats just skin, you can't die from that

• lol wtf die! lol

• not die they are really irritating errgggg

and if you don't gett a bar you can rip it out easier

and make sure you look after it keep it clean or it will get infected

they are too much trouble !

dont do it to ur self

• it is pretty routine, nothin to worry about

• They are not gonna mess up. They are professionals. And its nothing to be worried about. Its real quick with a strong slight pain then it is over and hon it is worth it. Itll be a little sore but that's it. Mind of matter ok? Just get it over with.

• i got mine done a few years ago. take really good care of it and you should be fine. that said, I was super careful, and mine rejected after 6 months, leaving a scar. it looked cute, but looking back on it I probably wouldn't do it again.