Does coconut oil work for thick hair?

I have frizzy thick hair and when I researched online, it said that coconut oil makes hair less frizzy hair and promoted hair growth. Is that true? Will it work? Also is it okay to leave it in overnight? If so how? Thank you for any of you that knows about coconut oil.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it's great for thick hair, it's supposed to make your hair healthier. I've used it plenty of times before. You can definitely leave it in overnight. I typically leave it in for like 3-4 hours -or- overnight and I make sure to comb my hair over and over, and then shampoo it out thoroughly the next day. You don't want to leave coconut oil in your hair and go to work. It's -very- shiny, noticeably so and it weighs down your hair, flattens it. Hence, it needs to be washed out.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• yessss i fricken love the stuff. it makes it softer as well:) what i do is this.

i combine almond and coconut oil [quite a bit of it], in my hair for 3 nights in a row before i sleep. then i wish it out, and so on. u need to leave it in there for some time i believe. well, thats whas working for me anyway

• I know this girl with curly hair that uses it. I don't think she's using it right because her hair looks like it's been dipped in oil and then dried and the end result looks crunchy... o. O

If you're going to go for that ask the person who's selling it how you should use it to avoid the crunchy look.

• bro, I have the same problem. only my hair seems to get oily very easilly, i've tried it before and it made my hair very oily. This is just with mine, i've been told by my hair dresser that I have a very unique combonation of hair. Hope this helps!

• Yes it sure is.