Do you automatically assume 'classy girls' are high maintenance?

By classy girls I mean girls with a sophisticated style and who are well educated. Do you automatically assume she is high maintenance and has high expectations?

So is it a bad thing? Would it hold you back to approach her?

Most Helpful Guy

• A classy girl might have higher standards but I don't think that necessarily means she's high maintenance. In fact she might be lower maintenance in that she's easier to trust. As long as she's not pretentious , being classy/educated aren't bad traits.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes. Any girl who holds herself to such high standards would almost certainly hold a guy to the same or higher standards.

• A little bit

• The way I use the word is as a sort of opposite gender synonym with gentleman. On that level, no. But with the phrase "sophisticated style" thrown in, then certainly yes.

Maybe she haunts second hand shops, but most likely not.

• Yes. A classy girl who has high expectations of herself almost certainly has similar expectations in a partner, and requires more of him than other girls would.

• No, not necessarily.

• Classy? No. But then again, I don't lump sophisticated with classy.

• I kinda do but their personality kinda gives it away

What Girls Said 3

• I think girls should be high maintenance. They aren't respected when they are easy.

• I couldnt agree more

• what I mean is you have to have standards on how you want to be treated, spoken to, approached, spoken of and how you want your life to live. An example of this is demanding that the house is clean - that he cleans his car before giving you a ride - that he consider your feelings when deciding where to eat or what to do.

• I demand that people treat me with respect but I'm still not high maintenance. There is a difference between standards, what you're talking about, and maintenance levels, how much you need to be taken care of.

• I think most do since most guys think of "classy" as rich instead of behavior. It was sort of like the theme in Great Expectations. It's behavior that determines classy behavior but society doesn't see it that way.

• Yupp, I do. If you are like that, keep it that way cause its great.