Black lipstick, yay or nay?

I thought it looked decent, maybe not for everyday, but when my makeup calls for dark lips. I don't do red. ^Profile pic^

Most Helpful Girl

• Didn't see your profile pic, but if it's a fashion or makeup statement. Go for it and be bold! Although, depending on your skin tone - black may not be the best color for your lips as others have stated. Look up lipsticks that go well with your skin tone and choose those if they'd look better than the black. Also, you could do black with a color highlight in the middle of a purple or brown or whatever color looks good - so it will sort of have an ombre effect-ish. Whatever looks best on you, you rock it out!

What Guys Said 8

• Only for a costume, a Halloween photo shoot maybe. Otherwise , you look like you're in a vampire flic.

• Woah. I have never seen a girl wearing black lipstick. I would be a little creeper out at first unless it's Halloween or some costume party. If you don't do red then there are still many many other colors to choose from. But it's your body so if you like black then use it.

• Looks fine.

• It looks good on you.

• For Halloween If not I hate it and black fingernails

• I'm not sure if I like it or not. I've never really seen girls with black lipstick, so I don't have much to go on. It doesn't sound like something I would find attractive though.

• I find that it works for some and not for others. Depends on your face and your style

• When would your makeup "call for it". I don't get it

• The right shade of lipstick compliments eye shows and the rest of your make up.

What Girls Said 10

• i dont really like it, unless for artistic purposes like photoshoots or something

i would suggest trying a deep purple or maroon. those would look awesome on u

• You are the first person I have ever seem that I actually don't mind dark lipstick on... I like it :)

• www.enjoy-your-style.com/.../...black-lipstick.jpg

Can be cute... but I'd go for something like this:

data.whicdn.com/.../...l-Favim.com-83417_large.jpg

Black-ish with some color in it - otherwise it doesn't look like makeup, it looks clown-ish.

• Yay. Yesss do it

• It really looks good on you

• Yay! I wear it often.

• Maybe a dark brown. Black looks too emoish or maybe like a mime.

• I did buy a chocolate red for every day that looks nice as well :)

• I didn't want to sound too blunt. I'm just not much of a fan of black lipstick. If you think you might like it, try it. The worst thing that could happen is you wipe it off. You could probably pull off any kind of style with your complexion.

• On black girls, a definite yay. It looks really mysterious and sexy with your hair and skin tones. On white girls, I think it looks trashy.

• Yay especially on browner skintones its super smexy

• Nay. I haven't looked at the picture, but I just think black lipstick looks tacky on anyone. I don't think anyone should wear it unless it's for Halloween or something. Anyone who wears it looks disgusting. No one looks good with it.

• Disgusting like hitler's lover or an un-dead bride? ^^

• Like un-dead bride. I only really see gothics wearing that, and it never looks right. I can understand for Halloween, but not as an everyday thing. I knew a girl in High School who dressed in black for everything, and she looked really bad. She was a beautiful girl too, but the black lipstick, makeup and nail polish made her look awful.