What do you girls like in a man?

what do like to see in him confidence,his style what?

Most Helpful Girl

• confidence and style and the way he carries himself overall-obvious reasons

and then trust is very important to me. I can't stand players or indecisive men who don't know what they want. You have to get married someday and settle down, so they need to grow up sometimes and be mature. At least try to be mature, no need in rushing.

i want my man to have ambition and be smart. He doesn't have to be a doctor or lawyer or anything, he should just have dreams and should work hard to achieve what he wants from life.

Sympathy and humanity are also important to me. One time I met this really cute guy, and he said he hates kids and animals. I immediately got turned off and never bothered with him again. I'm sorry, but humans were created to meet their reproductive success and you should by instinct want to be a parent someday...

i also like selflessness about a man. I think love is about selflessness. You can't be selfish and have a significant other. I've seen couples sometimes, and the guy or girl is always self obsessed and everything is about their selfish needs and wants. That's not true love. I would love to meet a man who actually cares about me genuinely, and I of course would do the same in return. When you love someone, you live for them. Or at least if you just like someone purely, you would care about how they feel and be there for them.

Respect is also important. Another obvious reason-self explainitary.

Communication is important. One of my guy friends was letting it out to me how his girlfriend dumped him, and he was upset, and when I asked him why she dumped him, he said 'she was mad at me for not contacting her or calling her in a month, because I was really busy with school and stuff.' This outraged me. A month is a long time. School is very important, but it doesn't mean you have to sacrifice other important things and people in your life to study and to eventually get a career. Life is short. You have to learn how to manage things, your schedule and time for people. You need a proper balance. Someday you will be married, and will have a real life career/job. Do you think it is okay not to talk to your wife for a month? no. You have to grow up be an adult. You can't just go on thinking 'its okay if I don't call my girlfriend for a month, shell understand.' And even if there was such a huge obstacle where he had to go away study abroad, do scientific research where he doesn't have access much to a phone or computer, he should at least let his girlfriend know 'hey ill be going away for a while ill miss you and keep in touch love you be back soon'. You can't just disappear on your own will and again-selfish wants. You have to talk to that person and work it out, let them know.

These are the most simplest things I expect from a man. And yet a lot of men I have met have all failed me, only a few can handle it.

What Girls Said 17

• i would prefer to be with someone who'll committ to me and doesn't have a wandering eye. I would want to be with someone who loved me and wasn't going to screw with my feelings. someone honest and caring. I hate guys who act the part, I hate guys who lie, and I hate guys who cheat. I'd have to say that I'd dump any guy who cheated on me and just I'm pretty selective.

• From a guy's point of view, we would love you to be someone -worth committing to-. Though we wonder how long this would last. When is enough enough? A thousand years?

• neatness, hygiene, able to distinguish when to be a responsible & serious adult and when to have fun, intelligent, calm temper (my dad had a terrible temper and if a guy displays a hot temper I'd be running for my life), manly, stylish (I disagree with faith5 about manly being someone who isn't into fashion. because you can be both manly & into fashion as well. also, even when some guys aren't born with good looks, when they dress well, they DO look better and more attractive), confident but not cocky, has love and respect for his family, able to think on his own feet, a sense of humour (because I LOVE to laugh), able to face problems head on. a bonus would be that he has some creative/artistic/musical/dance talent :D:D

• Well, hygiene for one is a definite must. Also, I'm not into smokers so he would have to be smoke-free.

Confidence is great, wonderful in fact because I don't think I could be with a guy that is constantly second-guessing himself whether it be his actions or mine.

I like guys who can make me laugh, so a sense of humor is great too.

Other than that, style and looks aren't a big issue.

• I like guys who are nerdy haha. I like the guys who normally no other girls like. Confidence does not matter to me entirely, because if he's sad I want to be the best thing that ever happened to him! I don't care about how he dresses really but I just don't want him to wear shorts all the time and I want him to take care of his looks. I like a little bit of hair on the face, but, grizzly adams is not sexy. I usually like it when guys have longer hair but if short hair looks better on him, than I would want him to have whatever looks best. Hope that helps!

• I like a guy whos confidient, romantic, could hold a intyellagent convercating with you, asks you lots of questions, cares about what you have to say, is fun, wants to try new things and foods with me, likes me for who I am, understands me well, will not cheat like most guys do.

I could go on and on but ill spare you lol

• His trustworthiness, intelligence & knowledge, the way he takes control in tricky situations, politeness and friendliness, helpful, manly (this means that he is not a man of words and that he is not into fashion etc :), shy (I have always liked shy guys :), respectful (to me, his family, my family, elderly people etc.), his uniqeness, how he can be childish sometimes, his gratefulness, the way he takes responsibilty, hard working, reliable and and and...

The way he dresses, how he looks, how much money he earns etc. is not what I look for, if he doesn't have the qualities above then he is not what I'm looking for, looks and money is simply not enough.

• he has to act like a gentleman ----- and not like a stipud skunk who pretends to be kool

he has to love what he got and show that to the world --- and not to pretend that he is too cool for the car his dad gave him!

he has to care ----- and not have that stupid pride that he is a man and men don't care!

he has to be neat --------- and not stink or throw stuff from his car window

he has to be at least a bit funny ------ and if not .. he doesn't have to pretend that he is! he might have other good qualities

style ...uhmmm , I don't really care abt that .. he has to look good at least!

confidence .. yeah its a MUST!

• My favorite thing in a guy, is that silent/strong attitude.

He doesn't give two poops about what people think about him, but doesn't purposly attract attention to himself meaninglessly.

I like men that can hold their own.

I like confidence, but not a constant annoying cockyness.

When their not ashamed to say that their chillin wit their girl or bringing her along.

Any of those things are really great :3

• I like a guy to have confidence, a sense of humor, and a good head on his shoulders. Also, I like guys who are driven. Guys who like to try different things, being spontaneous is what I like.

=]

• Personally, I don't like guys with too much confidence, it can make them look a bit self absorbed, I would rather have a guy who is a little shy rather than a little too confident. Don't worry about being muscley or not, guys can look a little scary when their muscles start bulging out of their clothes, but that's just me.

• CONFIDENCE ! And someone who smells amazing :) The way he carries himself, if he's kind to others, animals, etc. How he presents himself in professional type situations.

• confident but not cocky

nice but not a kiss ass

respectful/polite but not 'holier than thou'

honest but not TMI

emotional but not EMO

just be yourself. don't be fake. make girls smile, and laugh.

girls like guys to be the one to call. talk on the phone. don't ONLY text girls because we hate that. it makes it seem like you are too scared to call.

• Confidence, Sense of Humor, Intelligence, Kindess, Fun, Laid Back, and Down to Earth!

• not a jerk. doesn't go around asking girls out to see how many yes's he can get. not a jerk. sorry, did I already say that? has some respect for girls and short guys are hot :p

• A good sense of humor. I can't be with someone who can't make me laugh. I don't really like guys that don't talk much.

• kindness

• DEFINETLY CONFIDENCE. and someone who wants to impress you and look good for you. be real sweet but not too sweet that it's annoying. and be the funny outgoing one who will not be embaressed and say anything at anytime-that's so damn attractive to every girl!

What Guys Said 2

• 1. money.

2. you'll emotionally abuse them slightly less than they emotionally abuse you, so that they feel in control. if you don't abuse them at all (a.k.a. a nice guy), girls won't like to date you because you're "boring" (e.g., don't engage in petty fights for no reason).

• Im sorry but women have no clue about being a man...the key is being masculine in every way possible...learn what you like to do ...what makes you happy...learn to have hobbies...just know exactly what you want...oh yeah..you have to be slow in your movements...think tom cruise...watch some movies that have masculine guys...the key word is not confidence..its MASCULINITY...the more masculine and rugged and slow you are...the more you will attract the female...watch out though...some gays will like it too...ahh ha ha...seriously though...a good cologne and masculine accessories will add a more dramatic effect...silver watch silver necklace...good cologne that says I'm a man...so what? love me or hate me...thats who I am and if you don't like it I will replace you with a better woman...simple as that...im sorry ladies but you like that and can't get enough of it...