Girls who are attracted to guys that look like women?

I've been noticing a trend lately where girls will swoon all over these guys who look more feminine than masculine. I wouldn't ever want to look anything like them though... I'd much rather look like a man.

They are into this:
images2.fanpop.com/.../...7_1277414182285_full.jpg

So is that a rare anomaly or a small percentage of women? I'm curious to know what your thoughts are. lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's actual science here, if you're interested. Though note that I'm not certain how precisely accurate it is. It's partially based of studies I've read, and partially just based off common sense. Evolutionwise, the best way to ensure that one's offspring survive is for the offspring to be strong and well cared for. For them to be strong, it's best to have a mate who is physically very healthy. For them to be well cared for, it's best to have a mate who will stick around and be good at raising children. For some reason, (not sure if this is just perception and assumption or if there's an actual correlation) men who appear more feminine also seem like they will stick around and be good at raising children.

The reasons the standards for what is attractive may be different nowadays are as follows: Firstly, nowadays there's not as much physical prowess needed for survival, so a physically strong mate isn't as necessary. Far more important is that the children are well cared for and have parents that can support them. For this, more feminine men seem more appealing. Secondly, birth control. Birth control is very prevalent nowadays, and one of the most common methods is the pill. What the pill does is basically make the woman's body think she's already pregnant. Because of this, the hormonal responses are altered. So the woman's body would be looking for a partner to raise the child with, since she doesn't need the genes anymore. Thus, she would be more interested in feminine men, as they would be better child-raisers.

So basically that. It is however worth noting that all women are different, and these sorts of preferences will not hold true for everyone. Also, societal gender roles may also play a part, as nowadays people in general are given more leeway to act unlike the traditional roles of their gender, so they will be more accepted if they do.

• Thanks for MH!

• It's the way of the world we live in, as it seems...

• Makes sense to me. I've heard this all before

What Girls Said 16

• i dont think that the guys in your picture look so girls, i think they are normal , but anyway to anwer your question , yes i sometimes like the guys who look like girls a bit , because i always have the vibe that hee is so cute and sweet , although i still prefer the manly look

• I love androgyny. My boyfriend's 6 foot tall which is a pretty masculine feature but due to an eating disorder, he's extremely slim so his figure's pretty feminine, and he has really long hair. Like, his hair's longer than mine, it goes down beneath his shoulder blades (I personally love his hair). He's still masculine in many other ways such as his facial hair, but it's not uncommon for him to have his nails painted (whether I do it or he does it, usually out of boredom). I don't think that it's weird, I think he looks great, and it's not really him being interested in femininity, it's just boredom and being quirky :3

• I love androgyny. Especially with women (ruby rose is my dream girl). Anyways I think both gender are so attractive so why just choose one women usually have more rounded jaws which is attractive, and men may have stronger cheekbones, hitch is attractive. So why make it exclusive to one gender. Also I think a lot of people are attracted to thins that are similar to themselves. Like peoples who like to date people that look like them. So a woman wants to date someone who has features more similar to her own.
    Also I think softer more "feminine" feature tend to be more youthful. And children are beautiful. Probably the most beautiful they'll ever be in their life. So those softer features give a more vibrant young energetic vibe

• I think they are attractive but would never go after them. I personally would rather someone who is more manly like facial hair not too thin but also not too big. I don't know just my oppinion though

• Aren't they some K-pop band? Maybe it's cause they are celebrities? I personally am not into that kind but I think it depends on who really. Different people have different tastes.

• They probably are, yeah. The girls I know that drool drool over them because they have a "cute" factor going for them of some kind.

• Yeah! I know a lot of girls who like those kinds of guys, but I also feel it's more of an Asian thing cause none of my european friends find them attractive.

• See, I assumed that you meant androgynous men , not metro sexuals.

33.media.tumblr.com/...m4jvwbfH3J1rrqha1o1_500.jpg

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7586104_f260.jpg

But I do find myself more attracted to feminine looking men. Not feminine as manicured but naturally. That's why I love guys with long hair.

• No.
    But I love a pretty face. I just don't like a feminine face.

---BUT I've noticed Asians are obsessed with their males to look feminine - for some reason... o. O

• Ehh sometimes but I'm more attracted to guys who seem "manly".

For example Justin Bieber has a feminine face to me but even with facial hair he looks... weird and unattractive to me.
    www.unrealitytv.co.uk/.../...-bieber-2-460x411.jpg

• I didn't think any of those men were attractive. I am more into feminine guys though, like Dane DeHaan. He's gorgeous.

• Typically young teenage girls go for the trendy boys, its really a generation thing. I like a cute guy but to a extent where he isn't part of that closet.

• I'm personally not into it but everyone has different tastes and preferences and I think what @cipher42 said makes a lot of sense too

• Um I'm definitely not interested in that. I think very few women are. And I think its a Japanese thing? Yeah, femininity in a guy is creepy. Unless he's gay/trans.

• Eww. Just eww. =/

• I don't think these guys look like women but I do prefer guys with facial hair that look older

• I don't know how true it is but apparently women on birth control can be attracted to feminine looking men.

www.huffingtonpost.com/.../...ction_n_2981391.html
    greatist.com/.../birth-control-affects-attraction-to-men

I heard that a year ago, and those are the first two I found googling. There are more.

• First of all 2pm ( the group pic) look pretty manly just this pic taken ageeees ago !

And the 'girly looking men' I've noticed are more liked by Asian women mostly

What Guys Said 4

• closet lesbians.

• i'd like to look like those guys in your pic, i try my best.

i want to ELIMINATE every "manliness" within me

• Yes they're quite feminine. But i think there are definitely a lot of girls who like that kind look. All personal preferences.

• U mean guys that look like Harry Styles?