17 and dress provocative?

I know I sound stupid, but I'm changing my wardrobe. I only get attention from guys when I wear short-ish shorts. So, I'm going to start dressing howing a little more skin. I just want to feel wanted.<\3

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do you want to feel wanted? You are depowering yourself by putting your happiness in the hands of people you have no control over, who have no reason to care about you and no reason to have your best interests in mind.

I would think that what you want to feel is to feel loved, or to feel appreciated, or to feel that someone cares about you. That is very different, and you need to go about it differently. Just turning yourself into an object isn't going to make men think about you in personal terms, and long term is going to most likely have the opposite effect to what you are hoping. Just because a guy wants a beer doesn't mean he cares about the beer, and any other beer is just as good if he is thirsty. Be something a guy cares about, not something he simply wants.

What Guys Said 3

• Well... if you're hot then you are. If you're not, then you're not. Clothes are a layer of $ that try to hide what natural appearances and it fools most guys, but not me. Anyways, spending loads of cash on provocative clothing will not make you loved by a guy. If they didn't like you before what makes you think they'll like you the second time around? For your physical looks? I don't think that's what you want. Be sweet and down to earth and have a high self esteem the right guy will want you in his life. Good luck

• If you're going to market yourself that way it would help if you made it clear to guys you're willing to put out to a lot of them.

• DONT! u want to feel wanted? try to get some other way in it. showing skin is good, if u think that expresses ureself. by youreself, if u dont want to show skin, just dont do it. instead you should go to people and speak with em. guys like it when a girl comes to a chat and it shows ure interested ;) no matter what you wear, in the end "we" gonna rip off you're clothes anyway :D

• Haha nice advice, thanks.

What Girls Said 3

• Well you don't haveto cover yourself completely, since you are almost an adult it seems ok to show skin but wanting attention?, girl have more confidence than that. You should naturally feel sexy no matter what.
    General rule of thumb don't show all your cleavage, and wearing tight shorts is not preferable. Also figure out the style you most like. Is it girly, grunge, preppy? And you want to know your shape, if you are tall and slim, you can go for striped clothes and shorts looks great (to a certain length of your legs) or if you are hourglass or pear be careful of frumpy clothes, go for V-necks and belts.
    Explore your fashion sense :)

• Thanks, that's very helpful.:)

• Well, if you do tht guys would want only one thing from you, to get physical with you. Its not just you, everyone wants attention and feel like they are wanted but with what you're doing it'll attract the WRONG kind of attention.

• Good point, but I wouldn't date any of those guys. I just want more attention.

• So you are fine with guys lookin at you as if you are something to be ogled and nothing more? Just cuz you want attention? have some self confidence... no, im not asking you to wear a burqa (pls dont get me wrong). Its upto you what you wanna wear but with tht kinda mindset i think you're a little insecure about how you look :/

"Nothing beautiful asks for attention" <----ever heard of this?

Confidence in yourself w/o flaunting/putting it all out there is way more sexy than a woman in a skimpy dress. <----Just my opinion, not tryna be rude.

• Young lady: When you lose layers of clothing, you lose layers of self-respect. Love yourself and then your personality attract the right guys.

• I see, Thanks @Boss-c