Would a black t-shirt with black high waist jeans look goth or emo? Urgent?

I hate that look... Thanks !

• YES!
  • NO!

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the cut of the shirt and how you accessorize the outfit.

• Hmm it's a scoop neck.. any suggestions for accessories?

• Colorful jewelry and/or shoes. I always like red and black together but there are many different colors that go with black. Since the jeans are high waisted I would prefer a heel/wedge before sneakers. But that's just my personal taste.

• Thanks!

What Guys Said 2

• It would completely depend on what the person looked like, way more than the clothes. The cut and styling of the clothes would change it too, there are huge variations between how one black t-shirt looks compared to another.

I am a little confused by you saying you 'hate that look' though. What other people think of the combination isn't going to change how those particular pants and t-shirt look, and you should know whether you like how they look together or not. Unless you actually hate identifiers that read as goth/emo, and are trying to just make sure you don't come across as one. Personally I don't understand why people care so much about how other people dress, why they seem to almost take it personally, but that's just me. Wear what you like, and what you feel good in.

• Yeah, I agree. I was asking if I would come across as one..

• Emo? Maybe a little, depends on what color and style your hair is etc. but I don't think it would look goth.

• My hair is a light brown in a curly bob..

What Girls Said 2

• Depends on the look of the clothing (really would need a picture) and the look of the person.

• I think that would look to dark. Why don't you change the shirt?

• Because everything is packed.. :( I'm wearing a bright teal necklace on a sliver chain if that helps?

• I think you'll look fine, and if you don't just keep working it. Lol.

• Thanks hhaha I did! :D