What do you consider "too much" makeup?

Usually at most this is the greatest amount of makeup I put on:

http://imgur.com/7TXWQAC

And I'm always seeing guys on here complaining about how girls wear "too much" makeup, so I guess I was wondering how much is too much?

for comparative purposes, here's a picture after just removing the makeup (so yeah, there's black smudges but you get the basic gist): http://imgur.com/sogKfbI

Most Helpful Guy

• i would say that mystery lady down here may had peeked in my diary. there was one thing really embarrassing that i honestly came up this thought the eyeshadow, eyeliner , eyelash the smooth skin are innate before one day i can't help being curious of this, then i got down to seek the answer through a fresh-relationship girl. i just said why your eyes seems partially different from serveral hours ago? well being a twerp like that in public never end well.
    yeah , i would not put myself into a oven now.
    so i guessed that maybe a few kinds of perspective:
    1. with a frustrated skill of make up, some may had this unfortunate revolution to mess up their nature beauty face by piecing the matches together without follow the colour collocation. everything seems not come from one piece, too artificial, no doubt too much.
    2. by overly focus in dates, some may had no aware of dressing theirself in some characters which they saw on magazine, tv, promo and they thought might attractive to the man. in result, the impression was out of man 's expectation, i mean abundantly out. and the girl wasn'tt being her own.
    3. change her appearance constantly and carry on a long time, no one can get used to that kind of contrast particularly are happening on their lover.
    i have no intent to show offense, you're a pretty girl but your make-up seem lacked of vitality and sunny, painted too many shade without cover layers of gradual change.

What Guys Said 2

• Would prefer less, but yours seems manageable.

• my usual rule of thumb is - "if you can't feel it, it's the right amount." i always hear people telling people who don't wear makeup that they'll definitely feel it and I'm always quizzical, because I never feel my makeup. I frequently forget I'm even wearing any.

• Like I said, I could deal with the amount you use. Doesn't seem as clown-face as a lot of women's.

• i prefer no make up, washing face and applying some moisturizer is good enough, you aren't fooling me with that make up

• I'm not trying to fool you sweetheart. It's hard to fool a fool.

• it's easy to fool a fool sister

What Girls Said 5

• I think if a person has on makeup to the point where she looks notably different without it, that's too much.
    I also think it's too much when a person puts dramatic makeup looks together, for example, thick eyeliner and red lipstick together.

• I believe that men's problem about make up isn't that it's mostly worn too much. Even wearing small amounts can have bad consequences when it's not matching the skin tone.

• I normally go for the natural look, like a bit of blush if I look pale a bit of lipgloss nothing else,..

• That looks fine! So long as it's natural looking and enhances rather that covers up, you're good to go! :)

• isn't that just eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara?

• yes, thats exactly all it is. which is why i'm asking what the guys consider too much because to us this is a minuscule amount but to them who knows? it could be like, the worst thing in the world.

• Haha honey they think foundation and concealer and powder and mascara and eyeliner is natural but if you add shimmer and glitter it's too much.