Is hating fedoras on men just something American women hate or do British women hate it too?

I'm from england and was wondering if this is true?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• It's not the fedoras fault. The fedora got a bad reputation from guys who tend to be tools, disrespectful, ignorant and think that they're the best thing to happen since slice bread. It got this reputation because those tend to be the only guys who wear them, my Bestfriends brother wears one and he's lazy, unemployed, demands respect, things women are inferior and he's a dweeb.

• Fedoras are so 2005. Ugly. They make you look like a wannabe gangster. Also, they make you look like a self-proclaimed "nice guy".

• Fedoras are actually more like 1950s. Who the hell wears them nowadays?

• @crayven I know, but the way they are used today screams 2005, around the time it became "cool" to wear them again.

• Because it's douchy and they don't really do anything... o. O

• I like them quite a bit on classy older guys, age like late 40's too early 60's age, but I think they look so unattractive on younger guys. makes them look like very douchey posers.

• Fedoras have a bad reputation for being on the top of heads that belong to douchey guys.

• Not only American women hate it... I'm Greek and I think fedoras are hideous..:SS

What Guys Said 2

• British women hate it too apart from the odd one... I don't think many people like them unless the guy wearing it either suits it or is just so attractive women wouldn't care if he was wearing a potato bag.

• It's affected. We might wish for sensible hats to come back into fashion, but it doesn't seem likely. The car killed the hat.