Is it odd that I actually like myself better with glasses? What about any of you other glasses-wearers?

I know a lot of people hate wearing their glasses, but I actually like wearing my glasses more than being without them :3 I feel like they make my eyes pop and my face is more balanced with them. I think they also hide my bags under my eyes a little (my bags are genetic so they're there no matter how much sleep I get >.<) I also may be a little bias though, since I've been wearing glasses since about second grade O_o so I don't feel like myself without them. They're like a part of me now. What about you other glasses wearers? How do you feel about wearing your glasses? :p

0|0
11|3

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was younger, I absolutely hated wearing my glasses and actually started crying when I got them because I didn't want to wear them. I did that starting at age 9 and kept doing it until I was 18 - that's how much I didn't like them. After a while, I finally did get used to them and now I wear them all the time and don't give it a second thought - mainly because my vision is really horrible without them and I need them, so I stopped hating them for that reason. I'll even take pictures with them on. I have gotten so used to them now it feels like they're supposed to be on my face and I think I look odd without them. It's so funny how things can change as we grow up.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Dear ScorpioDW,

Of course not, I actually feel the exact same way. They are truly a part of me and I couldn't go a day without them (I'd probably be falling over and tripping constantly). I think this is normal for individuals who wear glasses for a long time. Hope my opinion helped!

Kind regards,

StuttgartGentleman

0|0
    0|0
  • I look worse in glasses but I wear them anyway

1|0
    0|0
  • If you have to wear glasses, like I do, make sure they look good on you i. e. fit your facial structure. I've seen many people wear glasses that just didn't look good on them. In addition, I did try to wear contacts for awhile but they didn't breathe well and actually screwed up my eyes. I had to see an eye doctor who said my eyes were like Jello and not holding their shape. It took months till my eyes were normal but afterwards I needed a stronger prescription. Contacts didn't do me well. Hope this helps. :-)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• i agree with you on all of your points, but i do also like how i look with contacts, as well as the full peripheral vision and not having to clean lenses when i wear them. so really, i can go either way, but i'd never get lasik because it would be too weird!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm allergic to wearing contacts, so I'm stuck with glasses for the rest of my life. I feel weird without my glasses on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haha when I was younger I would have crushes on guys with glasses. I even would wear fake glasses to look like them. Yes, glasses sometimes can make you look more attractive I totally agree.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate myself in my glasses. O look way better without them so I wear them only while watching TV, using the laptop or while a teacher is writing sth on the board.

0|0
    0|0
  • That picture just killed me. You look pretty with glasses 😍

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally think everyone looks better in glasses because they look smarter & more sophisticated.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont need wearing glassea but i like it, i use it as my style

0|0
    0|0
  • I absolutely hate wearing my glasses, they make me feel uncomfortable. I am a lot more confident without them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Same. I think I'm less attractive without my glasses, and I don't think that I look right. I've had my glasses since the 5th grade, and I'm a freshman this year!

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not odd at all. I don't wear glasses myself but I always think someone looks hotter when they're wearing them

0|0
    0|0