For the thugs wanna be. Where do you learn to walk and dress like "thugs"?

Simple question. Where do you learn how to walk and dress the way you do? What's the purpose of the thug walk? It looks like someone kicked you in the thigh and you're trying to walk it off

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• In the early 00's I use to wear baggy clothing only cause it was common in my surroundings and was the style. So if you wanted to be 'accepted' by the greater community you would have to try and fit in, and fitting in meant wearing baggy clothing. Even we moved out and the neighborhood I moved into didn't have people dressing like that, so I again conformed to it and stopped dressing as such. I was never a thug or claimed to be, I just wore baggy clothing and the idea that I'm automatically a thug because of it isn't right.

• What about the thug walk? Is it because of the pants falling or that is just how thugs walk?
      And I'm not saying you're a thug by the way xD

• I never use to walk like that, but when friends did I noticed that sometimes the pants would sag on one side causing there leg to have to move in such a manner to help keep it from falling off. Apart from that I would also notice that people would not show me common courtesy.

• They're trying to be tough and impressive. They won't be so tough in jail getting raped by "Bubba" or when they're laying dead in the street.

• Well that's where the pants bellow the buttcheeks started, in prison.

• Exactly. Isn't it funny how all these "Thug" wannabes try to be tough by taking all the stuff that was originally for the "bitches" in prison?

• What do you consider a "thug" to be? I walk like a normal human being. I do wear loose jeans, but I don't really sag per say.

• Hey is wearing a grill "thuggish"? I want one one day.

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7nLPmf-bOuk
      This girl was the closest that I found. The limp ganster thug wanna be walk...

• Yeah I've never walked like that. I do wear snapbacks and fitteds. I wear baggy jeans that are loose, but I guess not saggy. You can't see my butt. And I do want a grill one day. I guess the biggest influence for me was Hip Hop. I don't know if that's why "thugs" dress and walk the way they do or not.

• I learn it from the streets homie, straight outa beautiful southern CA.

When I walk, I'm diggin in the spleen with a gangsta lean.

Don't get me started on my bandanas and oversize shirts.

Go raiders.

• In some areas the style is a social norm. Nothing to really deal with being a thug, for some people its also comfortable. A lot of people frown upon it but it's also apart of showing your rebellious side and just not caring.

• The walk just happens, honestly the walk everyone talks about seems like a stereotype in my opinion. I haven't seen it and quite a few years. but going back to what I said previously as a social norm. You see enough people do it, you tend to pick it up little by little.

• I tried to be a thug wannabe, but I just got called an oreo :(

• Hahhaahahah a oreo? Why?

• Everyone calls American gringos, not only Mexicans...

• My fault, I live in Texas so I'm more familiar with mexicans.

• Simple answer: the place and people you're born into growing up with play the biggest role in influencing what you do. The same way you probably walk and talk the way your friends do.

• It's the behavior of unintelligent people.

What Girls Said 2

• YAY! Let's criticize what black people do and pretend they're all thugs!

• I don't recall her saying anything about race here.

• I think it's so funny how when you accuse people of being racist they deny it but if you don't believe them they get really racist really fast. Like I'm not racist as long as you believe me when I say I'm not. Predictable.

• @PrettyBama Now now. Are we being sweet and innocent?

• This has got to be the best question asked on here! I never really understood why guys sag there pants. It looks really dumb, and no one wants to see your Micky Mouse underpants. Don't even get me started on that fake limp they call a thug walk.