Tall Girls in Heels - Sexy or Turn Off?

I'm 5'8, so I'm not extremely tall, but above average. I'll be attending homecoming in less than a month and I decided to go really out of the box this time - one of the things I'm considering to do that would be wearing heels. My heels are black pumps, around 3-4 inches, and really the only shoes that would go with my dress, but I'm worried that I'll look too tall and it will be unattractive because the people in my class seem to be on the shorter side.
So what do you think - are tall girls in heels sexy or is it a turn off?

• Sexy
  • Turn Off
This is my dress: www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/guest-who-dress
Still, I haven't decided on what shoes to wear. The only ones that look cohesive are sheer black tights with plain black heels.

Most Helpful Girl

• Only short-ass guys don't like when their girl wears heels, because these guys are insecure.

My boyfriend is generally taller than me. When I weak heels, I'm either the same height or slightly taller than him. He doesn't give a shit and thinks I look hella sexy.

High heels make any girl look sexy, because the shape of the shoe forces the person to walk straight and it looks elegant.

• Not true, some guys don't like heels because they think heels look too slutty. I personally don't like heels, because they are very uncomfortable, and unhealthy for feet and spine.

• @MaskedSanity Clothing Reflects Personality and Character... well known saying (the phrase is much older than both of us) ;))

• @TwinGemini

Don't judge a book by its cover is far older.

What Guys Said 30

• If you already have long legs, what is the purpose for wearing heels? Heels exist to make your legs look longer.

You will be just harder to approach for guys who were originally your own length.

But hey if it makes you happy go for it.

• heels look better in taller women of course

• Any girl who puts on heels looks better in my opinion as long as she wears them with the right outfit and knows how to walk in them.

• I never really got the fascination with girls wearing heels, but obviously some men do find it attractive. I'm only like 5'6, so the shorter the better for me.

• Don't complain about guys height, wearing heals. Simple as that.
    Otherwise wear it only for yourself, not others, if you feel good looking people will sense your confidence and like you none the less.

• turn off
    i hate high-heels it makes women look cheap.

• It majorly depends on guys height if you are more then 1-2 inches high then his height, then he may find you a bit less attaractive.

• I'm about 6'5" in shoes, so most girls are still a good bit shorter than me even in heels. Not really an issue for me.

• I find it sexy, the taller the better I say.

• Heels don't do anything for me so I won't say for or against. I'm 6'2" and as long as the girl's shorter than me I'm fine (Taller than is not a deal breaker though). So you'd be fine to me.

• You don't want to be the tallest person there. lol that would be weird, but tall women (not taller) are hot.

• wouldn't bother me, although at 6'4" I'd still be taller even if you had your 4" heels on ;)

• It's hot if the girl is confident.

• I like small women but heels look great when worn right

• Fuck fake height. Both genders.

• Tall girls look the best in heels Ju crazy?

• I think it looks very nice when girls wear heels, regardless of there height.

• 5'8 is not extremely tall, so i think you will look awesome in heels) It certainly looks hot.

• She will stick out A-LOT but heels make every girl sexy. so.. guess my answer lol

• pull it of. you will stick out like the statue of Liberty.

• It depends how yr face is!

• I think of girls have long sexy legs

• Height doesn't matter to me! But some guys prefer tall & some prefer short!

• Depends on the girl and the heel. Some girls look down right sexy in some heels

• I don't like heels ever

• The purpose of heels is to make your calves look tight. If you're not wearing them for that purpose, then yes it's not particularly attractive. It just makes you look like a giant for no reason. That doesn't directly answer your question, but depending on what you're wearing with them it may still help.

• I have to wear a fancy dress because it is a formal dance, and any other shoes I've tried on have looked tacky or inconsistent. I wish I could wear converse, but heels seem to be the only shoe that goes with my dress, so I wanted to see other peoples' opinions.

• Natural height is the best heels are fake just like fake breasts doesn't matter how tall or short you are as a women. It's still not the real you and 5'8" isn't that tall my girl friend is 5'10" . I'm 6'3" I chose her as she's naturally tall not tall with shoes haha. Of course you're only going to like the answers you want to hear. Looking at your poll though half the guys find heels a turn off 75% of girls find heels good haha funny that girls must hate being short. Heels are bad for your spine and feet. Spine compression can make you 1-2 inches shorter you might need to by higher heels

• I'm talking about for a formal dance - one night. I'm not going to wear them all the time of course, but it's hard to find shoes that don't look tacky with a really fancy dress.

• I prefer her to be taller than me with her heels on, but shorter than me, with them off. I'm between 5'5-5'8". Not sure exact number

• "I'm between 5'5-5'8"" Seriously? You don't know your own height?

• I like tall girls very much, but heels are always a turn off for me (regardless of girl's height).

• Why don't you like heels on girls? I'm just wondering if I should stop wearing heels (and I'm tall too) if this is so unattractive to guys

• I always wear sneakers, and I was considering Converse, but I think that's too casual for homecoming. My dress is a little on the shorter side since, again, I'm tall, and I have to wear tights, so I'm not sure what other shoes I could wear that aren't heels. What do you suggest?

• Perhaps some sort of modern, sexy boots?

• Heels are always a huge turn off with any girl, if she wears heels it's a deal breaker for me

What Girls Said 14

• I'm sorry if you're not comfortable with this, you totally don't have to, do you think you can take a picture without heels and with heels from a far distance. I mean heels are so pretty!! But if you're already really tall, it might make you look like a giant. I suggest heels, but try not to make the heel to high. Trust me, totally wear heels! Just try a lower heel instead. Have fun to the homecoming! :D (And if you have a FABULOUS time and its over and you come home, its totally normal to cry, Like I ball my eyes out if I have a great time somewhere and the great time ends T^T)

• Haha thank you so much! I'll definitely try that (: and I'm a crier too, so I probably will. At least it means I had fun!

• My guy loves it when I wear heels for him. He loves it when I dress up when we go out to some place fancy, I kinda like it too he makes me feel like he's showing me off yet he's making it known that I'm his alone! Might be considered possessive but I don't mind that a bit. I'm 5'6" and he's 6'1" so the extra 3" boost from high heels is sorta nice when he steals a kiss!

My favorite dress to wear heels with (his too) is a velvety little black dress, depending on the jewelry I wear anything from black heels to black with reddish accents. Seems to do a number on him!

• I'm 5'8 to wich is average in my country for women, definetly not tall. The Netherlands is the country with the tallest people in the world (average) So I'm very happy that all Dutch guys are usually MUCH taller than I am. We actually even have social activist groups advocating on behalf of tall people hahahaha.

• I love wearing and seeing girls in heals. Your height shouldn't matter. WEAR THE DAMNED HEALS!! :) just because you're talk doesn't mean you can't show off your legs/booty/figure. Don't limit yourself, do what you want and don't care if they think you're too talk, maybe they are too small minded.

• Heels are good. I like wearing them on appropriate occasions. Not all the time. They aren't not always easy to wear. LOL

• I think tall girls look great! Wear them and try not to think about it too much and just enjoy your night/day.

• I don't like using heels my self, I prefer comfort over look. If you feel good wearing'em you should go with'em, but if not, try something else.

• I'm 5'9" and feel great in heels. Go for it and don't give a shit about others, eh? ;)

• I'm 5'9 and I think we all look better in heels :)

• Yes, totally sexy! I'm tall myself and love heels. You'll look great, girl.

• Tall girls really don't look cute in heels depending on the height.

• I'm tall (6.3) but I don't like heels, they are quite unstable and very uncomfortable... btw, they are also unhealthy for your feet and spine.

• Heels are great. I had a friend who was almost 6'0 she wore heels and she looked great.