Afraid to wear what I love to school because I dont want to be made fun of?

i recently have been getting into fashion and dressing up a little out of my comfort zone, and since school started I've kind of refrained from that. high school kids are tough. i want to wear these cute knee socks and combat boots and a sweater with a skater skirt, but i dont want to be called slutty or trying to be a school girl or trying too hard. i know i shouldn't care what people think, but people already make fun of me as it is and i don't know what to do :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Own it. No matter what you do in life, you're going to have haters, especially in high school. Just own it and know that people who need to make others feel small are just insecure losers themselves. PLUS that outfit sounds super cute, so rock it.

What Guys Said 4

• Eh, just say fuck it. You'll never see like 97% of those people for the rest of your life after high school. Wear whatever you want, who cares what anyone thinks about trivial shit like that?

• It doesn't matter what the mean ass girls think, to a guy, if you look good, you look good. If you think it looks good I'd say go for it. Chicks that dress up like every other girl in the school are boring as hell to begin with.
    Though it might put you into a social category. Which sucks. I guess the key is to make whatever your wearing the cool thing too wear.

• Sounds cute to me. If you really like the look then wear it. Try not to care what those a-holes say, though that is easier said then done. If these other girls do say that to you, it just means they are jealous of you.

• personally I think combat boots and a skater shirt would be cute

What Girls Said 7

• Easy... do what pleases you!!! "Those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind." If you want to wear it... do it! Makes you comfortable and confident when you do what you want. And you have nothing to lose but worthless people if they make fun ;)

• don't wear it then. You're right, high school kids are tough. You shouldn't care what people think of you, but you want to succeed. It's alright to change yourself /as long as/ it doesn't compromise your happiness. You also seem to be aware that depending on how you dress depends on how you are perceived. I really like hair with colors like purple and red in it, but that's not professional. If you don't want to be made fun of, don't chance it.

• Isn't the point of going to high school to be made fun of?
    Ad least that's how I got it...

Wear it and tell them to sc*ew themselves!

=)

• I hate high schoolers with a passion that can only be described by stabbing kittens... Wait...
    Well I suggest trying it for a day to see how you like it. You're not the only one afraid to experiment. And who knows! People might actually like it! Just please always be respectful to yourself. Skater skirts can get pretty short so just make sure everything that needs covering is covered. (Wow! I sound like a mom.) Some might say that combat boots and skater skirts are unprofessional, but I just dyed my hair pink sooooo... Whatever.
    Dress up!! Strut down the hall like no one is watching! Confidence is key. People are allowed to change, and if anyone says otherwise... It's a free country.

• Be yourself, express it, someone will notice and like that you're showing your real self. They'll know you aren't a slut. Being slutty is not determined by your looks or clothes.

• Wear what you like and if bitches come arround... show them who the boss is ;)

• I recently started wearing whatever I want to school. It might be because I'm a senior this year, and I know that I'll never have to see everyone again after high school ends. You should wear what you want, and develop your own style!