Why did my boyfriend say that to me?

So my boyfriend was saying that one of his relatives is really pretty. He wasn't being weird about it, he just thinks he has a good looking family. And then he says to me you're hot, but she's beautiful...she could be a model. Was he saying his own relative is prettier than me? But he always tell me I'm beautiful so I don't know. And when I talked to him about it, he said he didn't mean it like that. So was he saying she's prettier than me?

Most Helpful Girl

• don't worry so much

i think that he's just saying you are beautiful and that you shouldn't over analyze you. I think he's just proud ok his family is good looking. I think to leave it at that, don't repeatedly question him 'did you mean it like...' so just relax and take / accept the compliment

if however he was like saying his relative is super sexy and that he'd want to do her, well that's a totally different thing and I would consider dumping him if he said that to me

definitely see how the context of his words are and just accept the compliment as is

guys are always going to notice another beautiful girl around but he's with you and that's what really matters

What Guys Said 1

• If he said your sexy "but" then yeah he's saying she is prettier, especially if he added that model thing after. That's really weird, there is nothing wrong with thinking that your friend is pretty, but this is weird. I don't know why he would say this, he shouldn't be saying anything like this to you, no matter who the girl is. He may have not meant it to be token like that, but that's basically what he said.

What Girls Said 2

• Wtf? Yeah of course he means she's prettier than you. He shouldn't have told you that. He should have kept that to himself. Like he low key told you that you weren't prettier than her. He eve said "But she is beautiful" hmmm, that would make me mad. I would tell him that you took that offensive. Tell him he needs to choose his words carefully and better.

• no but I think it was a very strange thing for him to say! I would say "So do you like your relative because that's just gross!"