How do I let my brother know he dresses like a dork?

My brother is a super nerd and he knows it. It's not that I have anything against nerds. I care about my brother too, and we are very close.

For his entire life, he never shopped for his own clothes and accepted everything Mom bought him without question. His vision went blurry a few years ago; he now wears glasses but refuses to wear contacts. Glasses are OK, don't get me wrong. But design of his glasses don't even match his face. Yesterday I saw him and he just got a really dorky looking haircut that looks terrible on him. It's a hybrid of a military buzz cut and a combed parting line down the middle. He doesn't typically match his clothing colors when he dresses himself. He just started his career recently and makes pretty good money, so he has the funds to overhaul his wardrobe.

How can I tell him nicely that his appearance is in dire need of an adjustment?

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him nicely? Lol, that was never a subject between me and my siblings, we just say things how they are, blunt honestly and making fun of each other... which I'm not sure is a good thing now. I didn't know siblings had this kind of worry, but maybe "don't you think that haircut is a bit weird looking?" kind of approach would be nice... and still honest.

What Girls Said 3

• please help him out!!! tell him you;ll help him with his wardrobe

• Well.. If he doesn't care or concern on what he looks like, then why should you? If you're only afraid he might embarrass himself then you might want to take him shopping one day or to tell him to try something different for once.

• Congratulate him on the new job and tell him you will take him out shopping as his trend expert so he can look the part at work. If he pushes back, tell him you love him but thinks he needs to up his game a little bit. Good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• Well since he has a nice career and is making good money , his fashion sense really isn't stopping him from going where he want is it?
    Just sit tight and be there when he needs help.

• His job requires him to wear a lab coat, so even though his fashion taste isn't standing in the way of his career, it could stand in the way of life's other successes and the way others perceive him.

• Oh come on , get a room , he's doing finnnne

• LoL even career bigshots need help sometime

• You care more about how he makes you look.