Do you guys like to dance?

It's like very time I go to a formal, or dance party (not so much clubs), I always see at least one girl crying or upset because her date refuses to dance with her - which is so sad! It's usually guys who are socially awkward or shy that do this, but it's almost cruel when he sees his date not having any fun, he just sits there because he "can't dance"! So my question to you is, do you like to dance? If no, then why the hell not?!

As always, girls are free to answer as well.

• Hell yes! - I love to dance
  • Hell no! - I have two left feet
  • I'll do it if I have to (ie: to blend in, or if forced to)

Most Helpful Guy

• I can honestly say that I fall into the category of being pathologically afraid to go out and try to dance due to me "not being able to dance." However I can honestly say that I have only ever once in my life turned down a girl for dancing (she creeped the hell out of me). Do I like to dance? no, I recognize it probably would be fun if I learned how but I don't really have the motivation. Would I leave my date crying cause I didn't want to dance with her? Never, I swallow my pride and trip over my own feet.

What Guys Said 5

• Don't be too hard on guy's who don't dance, and it's probably not accurate to think of them as cruel in denying their girlfriends a dance partner. They only refrain from dancing because they're selfconscious, and have a mordant fear of humiliating themselves, and their girlfriends. I know, as I suffer from this social malady myself, though, I must admit, I've forced myself to overcome it, out of sympathy for the woman I love. It took me many years though. Give em time.

• If I'm at a club and I like a song I might dance where I'm standing but I don't do what girls do when they run to the dance floor with their friend(s) of the same gender yelling "oooooh this is MY SONG!"

• For the most part no, I avoid it like the plague. On the other hand slow dancing isn't that bad, there is not a whole lot of movement involved and we get a cute girl in our arms, hard to argue with that.

• guys who don't like to dance are embarrassed most guys don't work on that because they have higher priorites but if you know how to its really fun

• i do the can't dance

What Girls Said 1

• I like a guy who is confident enough to dance with me. I love dancing and I am also trained as a dancer in many styles so it's something important to me, but if a guy is shy or self-conscious and needs his time, that's fine too.