Unusual hair colors - how to fit in society?

I really like unusual hair colors, pink, blue, green, liliac etc.. but I always get this idea "what will others think..."... I know that it shouldn't matter much but Im a soft person...

What's your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well my sister used to dye her hair crazy colors, and had all these piercings in her face. Eventually her boss just told her the only way she'd ever get promoted to manager is if she let her hair go back to its natural color and take those rings out of her face. So she did, and she got promoted. The point is, things like this can hold you back in the professional world. If a plain brunette girl and a girl with purple hair and a nose ring both apply for a job, the plain brunette will probably get it. I know it isn't fair, but people have businesses to run, and people don't have time for the cashier to explain to every customer in line how she's a good person still even though she looks like a Lady Gaga fan.

What Guys Said 6

• You shouldn't care what people think in fact I see my fair share of girls with pink, green, lilac, and such and always compliment them. Do what makes you happy life is to short too short to care what others think especially if you're not hurting anyone, Im a guy and I love to wear woman's ballet flats and one day I pretty much said why the hell not and started wearing them all the time, my friends didn't care and not even my boss, all they said was not to wear ones with big bows, and I couldn't be happier. No one else says anything and for those who do is just because they are curious, and the rest don't care, so just go for it. =:3

• fuck the society. society is stupid, dye them whatever color you want

• vain attempt at trying to be different id say. i was thinking of going blonde though, but id never dye pink etc.

• pink, blue, green, liliac are awesome. I think women who wear their hair in such a color are amazing.
    its not 1960. do anything you want, this is what freedom is all about.

• if others could think, they wouldn't continue being idiots... carry on as you are.

• It is their choice, but to me it says "I don't care about rising high in society, I am content to live on its fringes."

What Girls Said 4

• I was 7 when I first had my hair died pink._. Sometimes, you just have to do what you want. I've always been raised to not care about what other's think. It's always going to be, "you, yourself and I". I think my favorite color combination was either electric blue and white or electric blue and electronic pink. in mind, if you really want to just try it... do hair clips :)

• I think they are beautiful and artisitic. Just do what you like, it's hard to fit everywhere and satisfy all tastes. Experience it at least once, you are young anyway and you will have time to get back to traditional, "formal" and normal.

• Most people don't care.
    Or I'm oblivious.

• I got pinkish hair :) No one really gives a fuck. Especially if you're in school