Dutch people and the Netherlands! What crosses your mind first?

So I am Dutch, living in the Netherlands (the country is also known as ''Holland'') near our capitle Amsterdam. Our neighbouring countries are Germany and Belgium!

What do you think about first when I say Netherlands & Dutch people?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm Dutch too!
    My parents have been a host family for a international dance festival, where dance groups from several countries come to perform for a whole week. One of the groups once told us they were surprised that our land was so much cleaner than other countries! That was the thing they immediately thought as soon as they landed on the airport.
    Oh.. and they thought the mailboxes were not for mail, but for garbage. :p

What Girls Said 15

• I think about my Dutch friend.

• I think of weed, the red light district and the funny accent (which I love by the way). I have a lot of love for the Dutch people and hope to visit again soon.

• ... orange XD

• Hagelslag and Sinterklaas, i think it would be funny to hear someone say that who doesn't speak dutch. =)

• I think of my best friend and her dad, they are Dutch. Her dad is also my boss. I also get excited because it will be Sinterklaas soon and I get my chocolate letter :)

• pancakes, marijuana, and sex with 2 girls and a guy.. or something like that.

• Windmills, tullips and tall people.

• It's the same thing. Gleich

• Tall smart people that I sometimes understand, and sometimes don't.

• Hetalia, handsome blonde men, tulips and beer.

• I know Hetalia haha. And thanks with the blonde men compliment! Yes Heiniken lol!

• Beer, great food, tall people, awesome views, handsome guys.

• Street organ, tulips, windmills

• Cows and weed

• Beer, weed and tulips.

• That pop group aqua

What Guys Said 8

• My first reaction is very positive. The mental images I have of the Dutch and Holland are probably somewhat storybook in nature but positive. I would definitely like to visit there.

• tall big sexy girls

• haha lol :).. they are not bad no! I have to say though that often the way they speak is very ''redneck-ish''

• awesome dutch band... golden earring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1sf2CzEq0w

• Video Kids was an Italo Disco group, and they were most popular with their "Woodpeckers From Space" song. that was a hit in many European countries during 1985. Perhaps you have heard it somewhere.

• @Klaatu51 just checked it out and bookmarked it. i do vaguely remember it. sounds like maybe there was a touch of dutch invasion in the 80's, along with the brits?

and i also remember radar love (1974). i could tell there was something interesting going on there, but of course at that time the us didn't have a clue who golden earring was.

• Producer of some of the best kickboxers

• I thought he another dutch ;-)

• I lived in Holland until I was 12 and now live in Spain. I was from a small posh village and most people there were not very nice, quite cold and closed minded and I was constantly bullied over absolutely nothing.

However I have to say most people from Amsterdam are a lot nicer and friendler but in general I have had quite negative experiences with other Dutch people and frankly have no Dutch friends only Spanish friends. I also prefer Spanish girls over Dutch ones.

• Most racist people I have ever met with the most paranoid airport staff. I can't walk for 5 months through schipol without being pulled aside. Talk about paranoid

• 5 minutes i mean. 5 fucking minutes

• LOL. I have NEVER seen that :D. Maybe you were behaving suspicious. Go to Northern Europe lol.. there you will find racist people!

• Its bad but my first thought really is Annette Schwarz

• Anette Schwarz is German lol.

• Yeah but she knows dutch as well apparently, its wiki so who knows