What are your views on the "fatkini" trend?

i personally think that everyone's bodies are beautiful and they should display them as they want but what does everyone else think of this trend?

Most Helpful Girl

• My problem is fat women being labeled as curvy
    theglobalpanorama.com/.../...759902_02af87068c.jpg <<<<the problem this the woman on the left are being called curvy now

• The woman on the right isn't curvy either, she's just fat. Curvy is supposed to mean a woman with curves such as the perfect 36, 24, 36.
      Fat thighs, stomachs, double chins and arms don't count as curves.

• @bubble_tea because I was giving the question asker my opinion.

• lol ok thanks

What Guys Said 10

• Women usually choose apparel that is flattering to their looks. Something that accents the fat is not flattering and therefor seems to be a poor choice. Most of them would look better nude than in a fatkini, because they would not be actually accenting the fat.

• It's disgusting. There's nothing beautiful about being fat and the only thing empowering about a fat girl is her ability to squash small men.
    If you're fat you shouldn't be having a leisurely day at the beach or the pool unless you're doing laps or using the sand for assistance running to lose weight, in which case a fatkini is innapropriate apparel anyway.

Fat women should leave the beach to the beach babes and normal plain girls at the very least and be in the gym correcting their appearances.

• Everybody can wear what they want. There are some faces I don't like. I'll demand nobody (woman or man) to wear a burqa.

• I think it's a stupid trend. People have the right to wear whatever they want, I just don't see why you would want to flaunt a bad body. It's not something to be proud of lol.

• "everyone's bodies are beautiful".
    Ehm, no?

But sure, everyone can wear whatever they want.

• If plus size girls want bikini i say why not? I like thicker/ bigger girls
    they are sexy ! I do not want skinny girl cause i find it complete turn off
    If i met girl weighed 120 i would hope she gain least 40 lbs it just does
    something for me

• Absolutely not, I get mad when I see a girl who dosnt at least have a flat stomach wearing like a shirt thats intentionally short to show stomach area.

• Don't know what you're talking about with the "fatkini" but I disagree.

Not everyone's body's are beautiful.

• If it helps people feel more comfortable and confident with themselves, I'm all for it.

• It's just another sign of a society that worships failure and mediocrity.

The poorer, fatter, uglier, more idiotic, more ignorant, more emotioanlly unstable you are, the better you are... That's the message that has come to dominate Western societies now.

What Girls Said 8

• If it makes them happy to wear a bikini that's great. I don't get why so many women, regardless of size, feels the need to post bikini pics on social media. To each their own though.

• Since I don't pay attention to what people wear anyway.

Sure.

• It is none of my business what other people wear. Whether someone likes what they see on others in public or not, is their problem.

• They pretty much just brought back the 1950s bathing suit of choice and directed it towards plus size women. Whatever is comfortable and looks good on you is fine with me.

• what's a fatkini?

• basically plus size girls wearing bikinis.. you can google it and that will explain it better

• The 60s styled high-waisted fatkinis are flattering. Just showing a little more skin than one-pieces.

• I think they look very flattering on bigger girls.

• i think they were originally designer for bigger girls (not totally sure) but i agree

• You go girls!

• I think its great. Everyone should be able to wear what they want and rock their own style. Everyone is beautiful and should have self confidence.

That being said I'm not actually confident enough to rock a fatkini, lol.