Would you feel intimidated if you saw a girl who is constantly well dressed and impeccably groomed?

So I take pride in my appearance and always dress to perfection. I am always in dresses and heels with medium to heavy makeup (concentrating on the eyes). My mum says that the reason why I am single is because I try too hard and I over-dress. Do guys get turned off by this? Do you think that I would be too high-maintenance? What goes on in your mind if you saw a girl like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I love when girls dress really nicely and want to look good. I would not think she is high maintenance just because she dresses nicely, I would have to know her first. If I find out she buys 300 dollars shoes and stuff like that then yes I would know she is. I would feel more intimidated approach a girl dressed nicer, but I am intimidated to approach any girls so yeah.

What Guys Said 6

• I myself am always well dressed and well groomed, so I wouldn't really be intimidated by a woman who does the same. But if she was good looking too, then that's a different story. I'd definitely be intimidated by her.

• It's actually the opposite for me! When I see a girl like that, I'm immediately more attracted to her because I like girls that put effort into their appearance, unlike some that just wing it.

• i'd just... ignore her!!!

• Who gets turned off by stylish clean women... quite the opposite actually.
    I see high maintenance as high self respect and self worth.
    my mind " hot damn look at that classy sophisticated dime piece over thar, get your ass up and make yourself known"

• No. Guys will not get turned off by girls that look too good.

Yes, it may come off as high-maintenance to me.

• Yes and yes

What Girls Said 3

• well if I was a guy, then I would've thought that you're already married or have a way better boyfriend than me so why bother. but i'm a girl and I appreciate girls who are well dressed.

• i'd agree with your mom. Not that there is anything wrong with taking pride in appearance, i'm the same way. Every now and then though, it's very liberating to not wear makeup and wear sweats because you're confident in yourself and you know you don't need all the other to be beautiful. Confidence is a sexy feature too :)

• I hardly think that no makeup and sweats is sexy :S

• maybe that's your issue. you're not confident in yourself. if you rely on makeup and cute clothes to feel beautiful, how can you expect a boy to see you as beautiful wouthout those things either?

• I have confidence in myself, I am a very attractive lady. But there is a fine line between sloppy and confidence. I would get a guy to see me in jeans, mules, a tank and my hair straightened. I have lovely skin so a bit of mascara would do

• I do the same thing, and at first guys were all for it, but I turned too many down, and I actually do think it scares most average guys away. It's definetely a good thing, cause then only guys that think highly about themselves (most times they are the hot ones) have the courage to ask me out. Don't dress down, unless you just want an average guy