Why do girls wear shorts or spandex under their skirts and dresses? And do you and why?

I saw some girls wearing black spandex under their skirts and dresses when like they were sitting down and stuff.

Is there much in wearing spandex under them?
Is it really to stop perverts looking?

Most Helpful Girl

• it covers our panties and act as shorts
    it's basically protective wear for us
    some pervs take pics up our skirts/dresses and we need black spandex to keep it protectively covered.

• So its only worn bc of perverts?

• not only because of that
      it's also because we like to feel protected and covered. like not exposed.

What Girls Said 17

• They obviously do so because guys like you look under their skirts and dresses. It doesn't really take a genius to figure that out.
    Just do me a favor and do not copy paste me the question you are asking on every girl's opinion.

• I suspected when saw the girls wearing spandex it may have been to stop people looking up

• Again yep to stop PERVERTS like YOU looking up their skirts and dresses bc they have self respect and dont want you perverts trying to have a peek at their underwear or privates you perv

• http://i32.tinypic.com/1gizgz.jpg
    i wear these because a girl can never have too much sexy lace!

But my guess for under skirts is because we dont want the bugs on the ground seeing up them annnnd same goes for guys, too! Plus it's just more comfy, skin touching skin (esp on a hot day) can get uncomfortable,

• So its really for making sure guys dont look up skirts and dresses?

• Do you wear spandex underneath that isn't lacy as well?

• i don't lol for me its all about the lace.

• If you saw them... that's why they wear them.

media.247sports.com/.../1187122.gif

• i wear them so that fucking pervert won't be able to see anything

• What pervert is this?

• haha :) I hope likes seeing black spandex bc that is all he is ever going to get to see lmfao

• because perverts shove their phones under girl\s skirts and take pictures all the fucking time. fuckity fuck fuck fuck so many perverted little fuckheads running around!

• Do you always wear spandex under skirts and dresses?

• basically the only reason yeah

• oh ok I thought it must have been just bc of perverts when I saw their spandex

• Sweaty thighs rubbing together under a dress is uncomfortable. Spandex shorts fix that problem. I usually wear them when I wear a skirt or dress.

• I wear 'em sometimes, if my dress is really short, but only ballarina briefs. Just want to make sure that nobody sees something I don't want 'em to

• Prevent chafing or underwear exposure

• Like prevent underwear exposure to perves?

• Or anyone, asker

• Oh ok I assumed it was to stop perves looking up skirts at undies

• girls wear spanx shape wear that they can look slimmer, and it also hides unwanted rolls and etc
    http://www.spanx.com

• If my skirt goes up, I don't want the whole world to see what's underneath. I want to leave something to the imagination.

• To cover what is supposed to not be seen

• So that people like you can't take a peak.

• I think some girls do it to make themselves appear curvier in skirts

• Makes good sense to do that, a pair of shorts should be able to do that though you would struggle with spandex to do that probably

• Also some girls jiggle

• Because it's safer to wear them.

• Like how is it safer?

• Yep again perverts like you can't see anything ever.

• I feel like we are going in a circle here. All the girls already answered your question, yes it is so people can't see up.

• I used to at school because guys would take photos from under the stairs. I only wear them now if i know I'm going to be around kids and don't particularly want to accidentally flash them. Otherwise i dont.

• To stop perverts like you looking up girls skirts and dresses when they sitting down and stuff. I always wear spandex under my skirts and dresses for that reason because I don't want creepy guys seeing my undies so they remain covered up at all times.

• In a way you answered your own question, sometimes its hard to maneuver in a skirt/dress (for example when sitting down), so its simply more comfortable and less stressful to wear volleyball shorts underneath. I like wearing shorts or spandex under a dress when I go to a club for example, because guys tend to shove their hands up my skirt against my wishes, and the shorts provide some sort of 'barrier'

• Do you always wear them underneath? or just at the clubs?

What Guys Said 2

• So fucking pervs like you who ruin men's reputation won't fucking see things you're not suppose to see.

We should tell GaG to report you to the authorities

• To stop pervs like you from stealing their Hotwheels cars.