Why are girls embarrassed about flashing but then wear bikinis?

Why do girls get embarrassed when a guy sees them flash their panties from like a gust of wind or something?

Then when it comes to the time where everyone goes to the beach, they wear Bikini's which cover about the same amount of skin as underwear.

0|0
6|1

Most Helpful Girl

• In the beach everyone wears bikinis. How many women walk in the street with their underwear? None! In the beach it is expected that there will be women in bikinis but in the road it is not expected to see someone's underwear, so in the beach it's considered normal, whereas on the road it's considered slutty, because it's not the norm, it's unexpected and it's out of context. In the beach you wear a bikini to bathe, but there is not reason to walk in the city with your underwear. Do you understand?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• It's because a bikini is planned and you wear that in an area where everybody has a bikini on. That said, neither one would really bother me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because if it's a gust of wind or something then it's not by our choice?
    When we wear a bikini we're wearing it when we want to and when/where feel comfortable doing so.

2|0
    0|0
  • so what? is it you the guy who is obsessed with girls wearing skirts and dresses?

0|0
    0|0
  • its the negative attention or shame it brings in that moment... kinda like tripping when walking by a group of guys... but when your on the gymnastics mat, you can fall all the time and not care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess because it's not our choice, whereas wearing a bikini is a conscious decision made by us. Also, sometimes we don't shave, wear fugly underwear, are bloated, etc.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• IKR? WTF? Bitches are hypocritical as hell. And don't give me that shit about it being the principle. You know very well that has nothing to do with it.

0|0
    1|2