Should I buy these headphones?

They're the FRENDS Taylor headphones in rose gold. I think they look really cute. They cost 220€, but money isn't an issue for me. Has anyone done a sound test? Are they worth buying? :)

signaturehits.com/.../17e9871a2.png
signaturehits.com/.../c0ff40de3.png

• Buy
  • Don't buy

Most Helpful Guy

• I know money isn't your issue but I'd say no. They may look nice but what really matters is quality and durability which I don't think you'll be getting with these. If these brake, you drop it, or the wire s get screwed up, you are essentially left with a 220€ pair of earmuffs. If you're going to drop 220 on a pair of headphones you should get a pair that gives you your moneys worth in quality. That being said I'm not sure how wealthy you are so if you can justify spending 220 on a fashion statement then go for it.

What Guys Said 20

• 3|0
  • They're ugly. Just my opinion. :D

Also, those look like they might be an open air design. Can't tell for sure from the picture. If so, you won't be able to use them at work because everyone around you will be able to hear. I prefer a closed design for work.

• LOL they look weird

• those look like ear muffs. The girly energy radiating from them too is killing me. Now lemme show you what would look BOIST on your head

gearmedia.ign.com/.../...20110601102612017-000.jpg

^boom shakka lakkka. Republic Commando headset with full microphone capabilities to chit chat with your friends while listening to music at the same time. Going to raid a bounty hunter hive? Take this headset. Traveling into a rancor layer and need to co-ordinate with friends? Take this headset. Going up against a sith inquisitor and you need to trash talk your way to victory while listening to Florence and the machine, take this headset.

BOISTTT

• No, you should buy the Audio Technica ATH-M40x and you will not be disappointed. Costs 100 EUR.

• 100 € for Headphones :P Damn --"

• True but is it there anything that has a good audio transmitter but is fashionable too?

• @ArabianPwincess197 I think the one I recommended is fashionable.

• can't really recommand headphones like it since its design over functionality.
    Thats against my techy heart :P

You are probably better off buying better sounding cheaper headphones that look like your traditional headphones do.

• Got any recommendations for cheaper headphones that look like traditional headphones, then? :D

• Sadly i don't for the kind of headphones you are looking for because i am more of a gamer then a music listener and when i listen music i often use in-ears.

ecx.images-amazon.com/.../41lv9kfskeL._SX300_.jpg

When i am on the road i use the AWEI ES600M http://tiny.cc/inears (Or ES600I if you also want a mic) they are only $7 and the best in-ears i have ever found, even if you compare it to $30 ear-buds from other brands they are at least as good.
      steelseries.com/.../steelseries-siberia-v2
      For home use i use the Steelseries Siberia V2 but they are made for gaming and may not sound as good as headphones designed for music and personally i like the sound of the AWEI's better when i listen to music.

• Try the Audio Technica ATH M-50's or the V mods crossfade LP's or Beyerdynamic DT880's I believe they'd called? I've got the LP'S and I've day on them twice, dropped them on concrete, and they're still shiny metal lol. What do you need them for? I'm sort of a audiophile.

• Dropped them twice*

• Yeah I'm not exactly looking for the best sound quality ever, I just want a cute pair of headphones that have a pretty good sound. So I'm not looking for professional stuff. And none of the headphones you listed are cute looking. :p

• Oh definitely, I can't help you there, obviously my style isn't a fashion statement lol. If you need studio quality sound advise or the best frequency ranges on headphones, I'll be here.

• They look only only eye candy and pretty fragile. Don't think they carry a punch. Try audio technica, Klipsch or others

• I'm not exactly going to throw them around or punch them, so that wouldn't be a problem for me :D

• Go for it if you want to have a fashion accessory and won't pinch your pocket hard. Also they look great on the fashionable girls !!!

• Haha yeah, but I still want at the very least some ok sound. I guess I'll have to find them somewhere so that I can try them out.

• I suggest reading this review before purchasing it.

headphones.reviewed.com/.../frends-taylor-review

• No, go with Sennheisers. Once you hear the sound quality on those everything else sounds like trash.

• They don't look awfully sturdy. And I hate to judge a book by its cover, but I can't see great sound quality coming out of headphones like that. It seems like it would be worth more as an accessory than an item with practical application.

• Buy them if you want them for the looks not the sound.

• Well... i heard that if you want to buy a headphones and you are able to try them ( in store...) you should play bohemian rhapsody song... try it... you will hear if you'll like it... then buy it! ;)

• A must cop.

Yes is my vote.

• Dont buy this. With 220€ i would go for the Bose or JBL they blows your brains out

• In your heart you've already made the choice, follow it.

• Naah, I'm still on the fence about it. I've opened and closed the site I was planning on maybe buying them from at least 5 times today lol, just because I can't make up my mind. :P

• buy them, they will make you happy. And they look very nice also.

• i bought these shl3000wt they r very cheap and the sound quality is also fair enough!!

• hey. do you wear thongs?

• they're overpriced as shit. anything more than $60 and you're just paying for a name (i. e. beats headphones)

• That looks more like an accessories intended for fashion rather than for music eargams... Oh and the currency symbol comes first before the number. So it's €220...

• In Finland, we put the € symbol after the number.

• @Mesonfielde apparently not, lol. ATH-M40x don't look cute though :( I don't want badass, I want cute. :p

• Waste of money, but go for it.

What Girls Said 9

• I have no clue but amazon reviews seem to be pretty trustworthy. They're cute af though.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1112260352/h39B5B115/

• they are -very- pretty... i love rose gold :p
    not sure how good they are at transmitting sound though lol

• I know haha. They've got somewhat mixed reviews. The majority of people who have bought them say that the sound is ok to awesome, and only a few say that the sound quality is bad. Hm.

• Not too bad actually. :P

• On Amazon, pretty much everyone said the bass is lacking and the quality is kinda meh, especially for that price. Considering how fragile it looks, I'm not surprised at all.

• They look stylish but you should get the Bose ones. I hear they have excellent sound but they are about 300 bucks. Whatever you do, don't get those Beats headphones. They are majorly overrated.

• I really wonder if those Bose ones are better than the Audio Technica ATH-M40x I "advertise". I'm using an ATH-M50x, bought someone an ATH-M40x as a gift, neither of us have regretted our purchase because it's pretty awesome and costs half as the Bose.

• Have you tried their sound yet? A lot of these designer headphones often have rather bad sound quality, usually in the low frequency department, and generally have a much less full and tight sound.

• No, I haven't personally tried their sound, since I haven't found them in any stores here. But, most people who have done unboxing videos on YouTube have pointed out that the sound quality is pretty good.

• And if you can't find them to test them, try to specifically search for reviews that focus particularly on the bass and treble performance.

• Alright :D

• if it isn't only about the looks then I wouldn't buy them. for that price you can get headphones with way better sound quality

• They look nice so yeah

• i know im a little late but yes

• They look too fragile. Go for Bose. They offer great sound quality. And also before buying the Frends earphones make sure you test the sound quality they offer.

• Don't buy them