Could a guy be attracted to a girl like me?

I'm a goody two shoes. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't curse, and I wear a promise ring. I'm not much of a partier, although I've only been to birthday parties. Last year in Geometry, my friends and I were talking about the whole Chris Brown/Rihanna issue and they said that if I had a boyfriend and he gave me an STD, I wouldn't hit him, I'd just say "Oh...why did you do that?" or something along the lines of that because I'm too nice. I've only had one major crush and he only likes me as a friend so does that mean because of my innocence, I'm stuck in the friend zone forever?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah, you sound like a sweetheart and I bet a lot of guys would dig that. And not smoking/cursing is really a good thing. I don't smoke or like to party either, but I talk like a sailor and it's something I've got to work on since it can be a real turn off.

The only issue I can think of is sometimes people who are too nice don't speak up for themselves enough and get taken advantage of. If you are like this, remember you can still be nice and assertive at the same time. As long as you don't let someone walk all over you, I think you'll be fine.

• Thankies. How can you be nice and assertive at the same time?

• Well, here's an example. Say you're in line for something and someone cuts in front of you. Being too nice would just be silently letting them take your spot. But being assertive might be saying, "Excuse me, but I was in line before you." You're sticking up for yourself, but not in a rude/aggressive way.

So, what I'm trying to get at is that being nice but not letting someone take advantage of you is the best way to go. This is especially important if you do get into a relationship with someone!

• Okay. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

What Guys Said 2

• ABSOLUTELY, a guy could totally be into you, just find someone else with a promise ring. Boom, problem solved. You're sweet, innocent and frankly that's incredibly cute and appealing, just watch out for sharks that want to mess you up because you also sound incredibly naive and that can make you a target.

• You won't be stuck in the friend zone forever, but you are way too much of a goody two shoes! lol, try to be less of one.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm the same way, and I've had lots of guys like me. A lot of them even said how nice the whole "innocent" thing was. I mean...no one can be too nice, so I don't think it should be a problem.

• Yes of cousre!, that's exactly how I am & I have a boyfrend. he respects me & my morals & crazy thing is he has the same morals as me also we both have promise rings to eachother! :) Don't give up & don't change! Because a guy will like you for YOU! & you should NEVER have to change yourself for anyone.. I don't know you but I am proud of you & the way you are! it's awesome to hear about other girls just staying pure & not doing what the crowd is doing! who knows I bet that guy you have a crush on, probably has one on you cause you seem awesome :) Good luck! I hope all things work out the way you want them too!

• Not even, that's exactly how I am & I have a boyfrend. he respects me & my morals & crazy thing is he has the same morals as me also we both have promise rings to eachother! :) Don't give up & don't change! Because a guy will like you for YOU! & you should NEVER have to change yourself for anyone.. I don't know you but I am proud of you & the way you are! it's awesome to hear about other girls just staying pure & not doing what the crowd is doing! who knows I bet that guy you have a crush on, probably has one on you cause you seem awesome :) Good luck! I hope all things work out the way you want them too!

• You sound like a very sweet person, I believe that for every lid there's a pot. I bet there is a guy that would really appreciate a girl like you, most people are not like that anymore so you could end up being a treasure to someone.