What is your reaction when seeing a girl with make up and then without?

So I have never really been one to wear a lot of make up but I feel self concious without it. Anyway, the other day I was getting ready and I was about to do my make and decided on to wear mascara but when I got to school someone said, 'Oh wow you look different!' I didn't necessarily take offence from it but I didn't really know what to do. Was that an odd reaction or do you think they were just being normal?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly guys don't really notice unless you had makeup that was CAKED on... like thick and chalky. When we she a girl looking natural with minimal or no makeup it's very attractive and shows she has nothing to hide.

• Okay well, thats nice to know. Yeah, I never really wear much but for some reason when he said that, it took me by surprise and I ended up staring at my face for a good five minutes seeing if there was much difference with or without make up :)

• I'm sure the comment was meant in a good way. But mascara will make a huge difference to you appearance as it enhances your eyes. If you go from wearing mascara everyday to suddenly wearing non people will notice a slight difference because they are used to seeing you with darker eyes.

What Guys Said 2

• That's a complement !!! Your beautiful and you look even more beautiful with makeup!!! :)

• They look nice with makeup

What Girls Said 3

• What I usually hear is "Are you sick?"

Guys don't get make up, and they don't even know you're wearing any unless its like 3 inches thick.

• Yeah, I once went on Skype with my friend and I was sick all I was wearing was a onesie. My hair wa scragged up, I had no make up and all he had to say is, "Oh my eyes, they burn, they burn!" :)

• I always think women look younger and fresher, without make up. That could be it?

• I mean.. if you put something different on your face... you'll look at least a bit different. Sometimes people are saying that as a "wow, you actually put some effort in" kind of intent. Not really saying you look too done up, but if you're known as the girl who doesn't look especially polished, people may be trying to give you compliments or encouragement. But then again it depends on the person.

I love wearing makeup, but I also like not wearing it sometimes. :)

Also I have long lashes anyway, and just the boost from mascara can be a very noticeable difference. I definitely don't ONLY wear mascara lol But that alone makes a difference

• Yeah, I understand this. I do my hair everyday and my uniform doesn't look bad on me so its not a matter of me not looking okay but more that I was like this did he mean I should wear make up or that I didn't look as nice. I only really wear concealer, eye shadow, lip gloss and mascara (occasionally eyeliner) so its not as if I don't try to look natural but that day my skin was good and I had a good nights sleep so I didn't have dark eyes so I thought I would just wear mascara so at least then I still looked as if I had actually done something to my face :)