For the GAGers who wear glasses... do you wear your glasses out of your home?

I wear glasses at my home and only there. I don't put them on when i go out because they destroy my image and make me look silly LOL

So what about you? Do you put them both in and out of your home or only at your home?

• Only at my home
  • Both

Most Helpful Girl

• I tried wearing contacts one time and after 4 hours I still could not get the contacts inside my eyes because my eyes were too small. AFter that I decided I would wear glasses or get eye surgery for the rest of my life.

What Girls Said 19

• I have contacts and have had them pretty much since I had to get glasses when I was like 12 (I was really into sports and my mom said she'd rather pay for contacts than replace a pair of glasses every other month). Once you wear contacts, glasses are sort of a poor relation. Sure, they enable you to see, but you don't have peripheral vision and they're essentially a foreign object on your face. Plus, in all honesty, I think I look better without my glasses.
    That being said, I do wear my glasses outside my house for the simple reason that I know wearing contacts all the time is not healthy for my eyes and I'd rather have my sight and deal with a little inconvenience/insecurity than have complications down the road. I wear my glasses a couple days a week, to work, out with friends- wherever it is I happen to be going...
    But, if I'm going somewhere I want to make a good impression or feel confident (job interview, first date, formal occasion), I always wear my contacts.

• I need my glasses all day so they're always with me because my natural eyesight is just awful. I also have prescription sun glasses for bright days, so I carry two pairs with me when I go out.

• I have to wear them all the time. Anyways, I think I look way better with glasses than without them. Way way way better.

• i'm surprised to see that EVERYONE voted both... i thought there were others that was feeling the same way with me LOL

• Well, most people who wear glasses wear them all the time.

• maybe because they care more about their sight than their looks but i feel the other way round LOL. glasses making me look nerdy, and much more serious

• i typically always wear them at home. sometimes i wear them to class. it depends on how my eyes are feeling that day lol. i don't think i look silly them, it just enhances my nerdiness.

• huh... why you wanna look like a nerd? LOL

• I switch between glasses and contact, but if I'm wearing my glasses that day... I wear them everywhere.

• I wear them all day at school while walking from class to class. At home, I don't wear them as much unless I have a lot of homework. I have two pairs and I love them, I picked out, in my opinion, some cool designs. I don't want contacts at all so, I just wear glasses.

• I only wear my glasses out side my house, I'll wear them at home if I'm watching a movie or something. I had gotten glasses back when I was like 9 years old, I use to never wear my glasses though. I finally started to wear them again a year and a half ago. I don't think I look bad in them, but it is very annoying when its raining and my glasses blur up.

• I just got new glasses. Dark rims all around, very fashionable.
    Klaatu, so now I see your vanities.
    So cute! :))

• I wear them all the time but take them off for photos haha. Sometimes at parties I'll take them off for a while :P

• I only need my glasses at night or watching a movie so I don't need them all the time. I've like them, they are cute and have had much compliments on them.

• Depends on if I've ran out of contacts or not.

• i've tried contact lens but they're damn difficult so i gave up.

• Takes a while to get used to putting them in and taking them out. Will never forget the day I was too drunk to so slept in them, only to panic the next morning because it had gone behind my eye and I could feel it. Took another 4hrs for it to come back around again. After that, I ALWAYS removed them, haha.

Anyway, just keep practicing, it gets easier.

• i don't practice anymore because i say "ok after all i wear my glasses only at home so... "

• I wear my glasses out, because, you know, I LIKE TO SEE XD
    Also I think they suite me :)

• i see not as much as i see with glasses, but i see fairly well, without them. LOL

• I only need glasses to read or for anything up real close.

• I wear them 24/7. I have bad eye sight :/

• I hardly wear it, but if i do it is home/outside

• I never wear them at home.
    I only wear them in lectures and at the movies since I'm near sited.

• Yes I wear them everyday and everywhere. Except while taking pictures because with glasses I look disgusting.

• LOL yeah glasses wouldn't suit you

• i only wear my glasses out my home because the doctor told me not to use them at home

• Mostly only at home. Sometimes I'll wear them to class if I'm tired and don't feel like messing with my contacts.

What Guys Said 8

• Of course I wear them outside. Beats tripping over things, walking into posts, etc.

And really, if you think wearing glasses makes you look silly and ruins your image, what do you think you look like while squinting and moving a paper in and out while trying to read something on it?

• i don't read papers... i use mobile LOL

• I was referring to a sheet of paper, like directions that come with something, or a letter, or a form I need to fill out for whatever.

And as for using mobile in place of a newspaper, I imagine it can be even harder to read than the newspaper.

• It depends on my "fuck" budgets , sometimes when my budget is low , I just can't give a fuck.
    Don't want to reach fuck insolvency after all.

• I wear them when I need them. Plus I have transitions lenses so they help when it's sunny outside and I don't need to carry a separate pair of sunglasses.

If you think yours make you look silly, you need a better looking pair that suits your 'look'.

• I stopped wearing my glasses altogether because I look better without them. But I should still buy a pair at some point as I think my vision is getting gradually worse... but so far I didn't feel like spending money on it. It's costly.

• When im lazy ill wear them out otherwise I just wear my contacts.

• I'm totally dependent on my glasses. But what's GAG?

• Shits i hate wearing glasses. I only remove it while sleeping lol.

• i most certainly do