Is it ok if I wear a black dress to a wedding?

the dress is short and backless and i'm going to combine it with a pair of beige pumps, a leopard clutch bag and a statement necklace (can't describe it but it goes pretty much with everything).
What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah ofc. Some people have black bride made dresses. I've gone to a wedding with a black dress

What Guys Said 5

• hey you're from Greece don't you? i remember you in one question. Weddings in Greece are so so so sooooo STUPID. don't put dress... dress punkish and hang outside the church to destroy the stupid ceremony called "wedding" XD

• Everyone should wear black. Sad day.

• Classic look. Go for it

• Black, Only if the wedding is at night.

• Its looking fabulous.
    So yes wear it

What Girls Said 8

• If the wedding is in the evening, yes. If it's in the daytime, no.

• That dress is too short , It's inappropriate. Also black is associated with funeral so I don't think it is the best choise.

• im short too so i dont think it's going to be a problem lol

• Well its better than having low V neckline but it gets more attention. This dress is for club nights, not wedding. All attention should be going to the bride and groom. This dress is too much.

• Well, as long as your outfit is alright with the hosts of the event (the bride & groom), I don't see why you wouldn't be okay. If you're worried, just ask the hosts or someone close to them for some input.

• Day or night wedding? Day wedding no night wedding that's fine.

• There was no pic of the shoes.
    Shoes make or break any outfit.
    I hope they were closed toe.

• Yep sounds good to me , I love black =)

• Yeah if the wedding is a Funeral

• I don't see why not. Everyone's focus will be elsewhere anyways and if they're concerned about the color you're wearing then screw 'em.