Question for Mom's... tomorrow is picture day and my strong willed 4 year old daughter tells me true princesses only wear their hair down?

How do I convince her to wear her hair in pigtails?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's very important to give children options. So much of their lives they ha e no control of yet and that's why saying no all the time and having tantrums tend to happen. I'm not sure why she can't wear her hair down or her mother insists on it. But how her pictures of different pony tails, braided, high on the head, low on the head etc and let her choose which one. If she still wants it to be down then all you can do is force her. But honestly over such a little thing as her hair style I won't force her. She's just now starting to have her own voice and ideas and opinions, we want our children to grow up and take action and be decisive. She is learning to be decisive now.

What Girls Said 10

• You don't. You just let her wear her hair down for the picture, like she wants it.

Don't tell a 4 year old princess how to wear her hair. :)

• Why would you wan to convince her to wear pigtails? I don't see anything wrong with having her hair down

• you ask her nicely and try to convince her nicely that pigtails look prettier on her. to convince her you can ask the help of other people in your house perhaps to agree with you. always maintain a calm sweet jolly voice. don't ever demand cause the next scene would be chaotic. if she agreed, you give her compliment like "wow! our baby is such a good girl" with matching clapping of your hands and the people around or a kiss on her cheek. if she would still insist then just let her wear her hair down. :)

• Try some of these, some are really easy to do.

http://m.youtube.com/user/hair4myprincess

• Just let her where her hair down like princesses do. After all princesses get what they want. She's four I don't think it's a big deal sometimes you just got to let them make their own decisions.

• I think you should let your daughter wear her hair how she wants (to a certain extent!), why is it important that she wear pigtails?

• It is important bc her mother asked me to put her in pigtails for her pictures:)

• I think her mother might be quite proud that she was able to stand her ground, and if she doesn't understand then you can take comfort in the fact you made your little girl happy and encouraged her to be happy doing her own thing :)

• If u ask and she still says no do it anyways she's 4 your the mom she does what you say and if you want her to wear pigtails then that's what she's gonna wear you're THE BOSS

• do her hair for her..

• I think parents get too hung up on what little kids wear. Their expression of themselves is more important than you think. They're people, and they don't like being oppressed. I actually remember being that age and wanting to wear mismatched, gaudy clothes and when my mom made me wear polka dots (which I hated) it actually made me resent her a little.

Pig tails are cute, but let her choose her hair style.

• But why does she have to?

What Guys Said 3

• Why not just let her wear her hair down? Pigtails look weird anyway.

• Um what about Princess Leia?

• Let her wear her hair down.