Girls: How strongly do you feel about tattoos?

I want to get an idea of how strongly girls like or hate tattoos. For example say I have a really sweet shoulder/upper arm tat. How sexy or unappealing do girls find that? Is it too much, not enough, just right, etc?

• Love tats
  • They're kinda nice I guess
  • Huge turnoff
I will clarify my question a little. Assuming the tattoos are tasteful, how much tattoo can a guy have and still be sexy? If you don't like tattoos, is any amount of them a turnoff/dealbreaker, or can a guy have one or two and still be sexy?

Most Helpful Girl

• It honestly depends. Personally, tattoos that appear more abstract and symbolic are more appealing than for example, a face. It sounds like you're not planning of anything vulgar (thank goodness), but make sure that your tattoo doesn't discriminate or insult anyone (which is a huge turn off). I don't ever suggest putting anyone's name permanently on yourself (no matter how sure you are about your significant other).
    Ultimately, it's your body that the tattoo will be on! So you should pick whatever makes you happy!

What Girls Said 21

• It really depends

Some people can pull them off really well. Others can't.

Some tattoos are nicer than others. Some look like own scribbles on your skin by a 4 year old.

• Can you think of examples of people or body types that can't pull off tats? Also what are the best and worst locations in your opinion?

• Tramp stamps are horrible.
      Any body type can pull of a tattoo, as long as it's the right type of tattoo. Get the wrong type and it would be ridiculous.
      I think sleeves work for most men though.

• Voted B. I'm not a huuuuge fan of tattoos since they don't turn me on or anything like that. But I think they're nice, anyway. And considering that I have a tattoo of my own, I can't exactly go around saying that I hate tattoos. :P As long as your tattoo isn't stupid, I'll like it or feel neutral about it. :)
    Imo, a guy with several tattoos can only be sexy as long as at least half of his skin ISN'T covered in tattoos. When you have more covered skin than untouched skin, it starts to bother me just a little bit.

• It depends on what it is. If It's a pretty average looking tat I will assume the guy is uncreative and average himself. If it's too big/badly done/very eccentric I will also question his personality. Then again it may not be a good insight, but it's always the first impression I get.

• That's a super objective opinion. I, personally can find a guy with no tattoos extremely attractive, but there's something about a guy who's covered too.
    Tattoos become a part of you, and so if a girl decides she doesn't find you attractive because you have too many means she's not finding part of you attractive. Find someone who either doesn't care about the tattoo part, or likes you and them too.
    Personally, I have a pretty big leg tattoo and plans to get more, and I'd love it if my other half told me my tattoos were hot, but that's neither here nor there.

• I don't want a tattoo for three reasons: cause of that statement in the bible, because of the pain, and because I hate needles.

But if I were to get one, it would be on my wrist, ankle, and neck. And i love your shoulder arm thing. It reminds me of the Rocks samoan tattoo that starts on his shoulder and goes down his arm. Its a bit much but he knows how to rock it:

www.tattoo-designs-tips.com/.../...nson-tattoo.jpg

I'd date a guy with tattoos, I just wouldn't want him to be tatted up

• I really like tattoos. Not every guy I've date had them, but i do like them alot. I just dont like when the guy is covered in them

• Yeah I think so too, they have to be tasteful and are like jewelry, a girl covered in jewelry is just gawdy looking just like a guy covered in tats.

• I love them although if the tattoo is shirty it's a huge turn off. Get the done by a decent artist or else it isn't worth it. but I LOVEEEEEE TATTOOOSSSS💜💜💜

• I have a sparkly fish on the small of my back... lol jk

• it's something that i do not like but will not stop me to date the person. tattoos look like dirt to me, there's no such thing for me as tasteful tattoo. my feeling on it is that your body is already nice and enough but you make it less attractive. i want a tattoo (initials) before but i want it very small and hidden cause its only purpose is to remind me of something.

• I think tats are an interesting way to express art on your body but I don't necessarily think it makes a guy attractive to me.

• I dont like them I think they make the guy look scary. His skin should be enough no need for some ink design on it D=!!

• As long as they are not in your forehead :)

• Not to be one of those typical veg heads, but... you do know what's in tattoo ink, right?

• I find them sexy.

• I personally like tattoos. Doesn't matter how many they have to me.

• I love tattoos. Especially sleeves and neck tattoos.

• I love them. It's a form of self-expression, and that is sexy.

• i love tattoos on the upper body especially.

• Tattoos are cool, not too much tho, it'll just freak me out

• I strongly dislike tattoos. They remind me of criminals and violence.

• I really like tattoos, but sloppy work is a HUGE turnoff for me on men and women. Like most of Miley Cyrus' work is garbage. They make her look like trailer trash in my opinion soundandlightingspecialists.com/.../...ttoo-48.jpg photos.posh24.com/.../...cyrus_lip_tattoo_2014.jpg encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images I've seen better tattoos done with a safety pin and in from a pen yet she has all this money and gets this shit work done. It looks horrible.
    My best friend has a crappy tattoo too (it's a rose she got it for free and it's so one dimensional and faded looking and she JUST got it less than a year ago and.. ugh it looks like this www.db45.com/.../rose_tattoo_52.jpg but flatter and with less color she's thinking about getting a cover up but it's just like why get it in the first place?) I'm just saying it's your body take pride in your work it's going to be there for the rest of your life. If you don't like the artist's work and portfolio don't let them touch you!
    I hate crappy tattoos so bad I could write a book on it trust me, but as long as it's good and has good placement I LOVE them (I hate sloppy placement even worse than bad work. Like who told you it was a good idea to get a huge tattoo around your bellybutton when you have NO work anywhere else on your body? Or oh those wandering tattoos that just look lost like hi I'm a butterfly on the middle of the thigh nope, no other tattoos here just me here in the middle of freaking no where looking stupid as hell)

• I'm cool with a full sleeve as long as it's tasteful

• I find them sexy on both genders. I hate exaggerated ones though like sugar skulls or the ones that cover a good part of the body

What Guys Said 2

• my whole arm is covered, and i definitely get pre-rejected (rejected before approaching) just because i have them and i am sure i get judged. but on the plus side, im sure girls automatically accept me just because i have tattoos and it makes them drip. go figure

• I haven't heard any female opinions on my new tattoo X (

• Awww... I wanna see :D

• Oh wow. Yea i didn't know that. I've only been on here for a month or two

• It was cool