Girls, how do you make your curls stay?

Omg , I can't take this lol!! My hair is making me go insane ! I can't curl it at ALL.. I'm using a curling iron , and I have used a straightener before.. But my curls won't stay !! ): I've watched so many how-to videos but their hair is perfect, and mine isn't lol.. So I just need tips and tricks from girls please please please. I need to change my freakin' hairstyle lol!!! Thanks so much (:

Most Helpful Girl

• TONS of hair spray. My hair sucks for curling as well because it's so fine so when I do curl it, I load on the spray and it keeps it curly for a few hours at least. By nights end it just looks wavy though.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• its perfect in the beggining they never show what it looks like later that day... use a holding spritz... itll make the curls stiff though... i mean thats the only way to keep them... my hair stylist told me curls are more for a event type of hairstyle... not really meant to be worn all day because they do tend to fall because it is a un natural position for your hair... use a curling wand or iron...

• Thanks!! This is really helpful..& also I know, I don't plan to curl my hair everyday but I do think I should know how to curl my hair , and make them stay.

• dont curl it everday it could damage your hair badly... use a heat protector as well

• Start the curl from the root - keep twisting the iron down as you get to the end & as Kris85 says - TONS OF SPRAY! :)

• if your hair is really long and/or thin, unfortunately it won't hold curls very well. long hair weighs them down and thin hair tends to not have enough substance to hold the curl. when you go to curl your hair, make sure it's unwashed. go a day without washing it, then curl it. I've found it holds better. then use a decent curling iron, and make sure its set hot enough, but not too hot. section off your hair and curl it in 1-2 inch sections. let each curl cool completley, and spray gently with hair spray. continue this until all of your hair is done. its important to make sure the curl is cooled down. good luck, i hope it works for ya. curling hair can be tricky sometimes for sure!